Kenobi's Art Stuff

202 replies to this topic

#151 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:06

View PostPav:3d, on 21 Nov 2010, 9:15, said:

You need another light source, I can barely make out the chairs and the plant is no longer visible

I can see everything clearly, are you sure your screen's brightness settings are set up right? It would also explain why you thought my sig was too dark :xD:

Edit: To test your brightness use this. You should be able to see a different shade of gray in every box, especially where it says 0, 1 and 2 at the top.

Edited by TheDR, 21 November 2010 - 10:17.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#152 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 21 November 2010 - 14:50

that's an awesome scene. o:
just need some changes to the walls texture, and it's 'perfect'.

#153 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 19:46

I almost expect to see someone sitting in the chair, or at least be able to see an arm. A hushed, low voice, talking about something, perhaps a mission or asking the visitor to not drip water on the hard wood floor (something about it being terribly expensive and made of an exceedingly rare wood). At any rate, any suggestion I have or would have had has already been made. :xD:
Posted Image

#154 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 21 November 2010 - 19:47

View PostTheDR, on 21 Nov 2010, 10:06, said:

You need another light source, I can barely make out the chairs and the plant is no longer visible

I can see everything clearly, are you sure your screen's brightness settings are set up right? It would also explain why you thought my sig was too dark :xD:

Edit: To test your brightness use this. You should be able to see a different shade of gray in every box, especially where it says 0, 1 and 2 at the top.

My screen is fine, you guys just need to stop being so damn dark with your artwork |8

Posted Image

Posted Image

#155 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 24 November 2010 - 00:17

Getting there!

After today's meeting with the teacher, i've got tips, to make the armchair's material better. And i did a few more props :cool:

Getting there!

Posted Image
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#156 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 00:27

View PostPav:3d, on 21 Nov 2010, 19:47, said:

I can see everything clearly, are you sure your screen's brightness settings are set up right? It would also explain why you thought my sig was too dark :cool:

My screen is fine, you guys just need to stop being so damn dark with your artwork :read:

I second this comment. The amount of work gone in is too great to let it be spoiled by the fact that barely anyone can see the bloody things in the scene.
For there can be no death without life.

#157 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 00:43

View PostAJ, on 24 Nov 2010, 0:27, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 21 Nov 2010, 19:47, said:

I can see everything clearly, are you sure your screen's brightness settings are set up right? It would also explain why you thought my sig was too dark :cool:

My screen is fine, you guys just need to stop being so damn dark with your artwork :read:

I second this comment. The amount of work gone in is too great to let it be spoiled by the fact that barely anyone can see the bloody things in the scene.

Indeed, though I see what type of mood you're trying to achieve, it really takes away from the work you've put in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#158 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 22:47

I improved the lighting, made it a little bit more realistic, with the feedback i received in BlenderBrasil.com <87

I also added a few wineglasses, and i changed the place of the weapons :xD:

I guess i'm finaly getting there! :D

Posted Image
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

#159 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:54

that is waaaay too dark :( i literally can't see anything but an orange glow...

git it fixed! i'd love to see what you've made of it.
it's time to wake up

#160 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:39

Maybe it's your monitor <87 Here my teacher said it was too bright LOL

I improved the lighting a little bit:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#161 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 26 November 2010 - 21:50

TBH, I don't see any bloody thing either, and before you ask, yes, my monitor is correctly set and calibrated to get the best image quality and an optimal brightness level <87

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#162 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:22

View PostCJ, on 26 Nov 2010, 22:50, said:

TBH, I don't see any bloody thing either, and before you ask, yes, my monitor is correctly set and calibrated to get the best image quality and an optimal brightness level <87

that. either your teacher is blind or your monitor is way too bright.
it's time to wake up

#163 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:47

To be obscenely honest mate, your latest render actually appears darker than the other 2 renders.
Posted Image

#164 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:29

Agreed with Nuker here. Somehow you've managed to make it darker. Get a roaring bloody fire going in that fireplace and you'll have it casting all sorts of shadows, not looking like a horribly finite light source. Seriously, more light is required. You also have a problem with the plaque under your guns - the plaque is extremely reflective of a non-existant light source for some reason. You'll have to trust us on this one mate, everyone is agreeing it's too dark. Not often everyone agrees on something arty here, so I think that probably tells you how wrong we feel it is <87
For there can be no death without life.

#165 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:39

Whack the lighting WAAAAY up!

edit: I took the liberty of playing around with the render in PS (rather than us all just shouting for it to be lighter <87) to show you what kinda of level of lighting would show the objects and at the same time keep the mood your scene sets: Posted Image

Edited by Pav:3d, 27 November 2010 - 11:07.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#166 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:34

way better pav :)

kenobi, this is what your scene should look like. if you could make a clean render we could see what your scene needs to look like in high quality |8

also, could you render in a higher resolution? i feel the image is way too small to appreciate it's detail.

Edited by Camille, 27 November 2010 - 11:34.

it's time to wake up

#167 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 13:41

First of all, i'd like to thank you all for the constructive feedback i received so far :) This is the way to improve.

So i played with the lights a little bit more...and i composited with final image with Blender's Node Editor, where i added the Glow effect and corrected a little bit the collors, if you guys want, i can show the render without the compositing.

Posted Image

Anyways, i'll be rendering some HD pics soon...Because just this one took me 7:30 minutes...Imagine one 1680x1050... lol And i must play around with the simulations to do a nice fire |8
Posted Image

#168 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 17:21

High Resolution:

Posted Image
Or click the link: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/25.../wall-wip17.png

24:38:54 minutes of rendering.

Edited by Gen.Kenobi, 27 November 2010 - 17:22.

Posted Image

#169 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 18:02

The glooow. The wonderful gloooow! Compared to your previous renders, this one is the tops. There's light where it should be, and no light where it shouldn't be (because, while fire casts light, a fireplace only casts light in a limited arc).
Posted Image

#170 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 22:40

Thx Nuker :P Comments like this makes me feel going foward |8

Anyways, i've done a Jetpack for a Contest took me aprox. 3hours and 30 minutes.

From Concept, to model |8

Posted Image
Brainstorming different designs :P

Posted Image
Front

Posted Image

I still needs to add a little detail here and there... :) and them try to texture this beast....
Posted Image

#171 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 19:21

Tex Progress:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#172 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 20:48

Bump

Posted Image
Posted Image

That's all for today. I almost reached my CG Textures Quota :) |8
Posted Image

#173 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 00:16

Whats is that random reflective plane?

Modelling looks great

Posted Image

Posted Image

#174 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:16

View PostPav:3d, on 29 Nov 2010, 1:16, said:

Whats is that random reflective plane?

that.

while i see a few errors in the model, it's quite effective albeit a bit simple.

good progress!
it's time to wake up

#175 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 19:58

That's the glass that is going to protect the main "engine" things. I just openned it, so i could show the interior, since i'm just rendering with AO, no lights yet :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users