Warhammer 40000 RP: Firedragons

92 replies to this topic

#26 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 22:30

As long as you know the lore supporting the Grey Knights, how they react to Xenos and Daemons, and how they conduct themselves among their Space Marine Brethren, then I should think there is still space for you. Personally I would PM Squigpie to see where exactly you could fit in.
Posted Image

#27 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:36

Let me see.

They are specifically chosen for their psyker abilites, they have to pass through 666 rituals of detestation, given their specific psyker abilites and training, alongside psychically imbued weapons, they are banes of daemons. The highest honor one Grey Knight can achieve is to rest alongside his other fallen comrades on Titan in the crypt under Emperor's temple. Unlike standard SMs, they drop in battle by teleporting, very rarely by drop pods.

Should I know more?
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#28 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:06

Yes, but still, the GK are the only chapter holding the honor of never having a simple member gone traitor/renegade, they are mostly emotionless, and 100% dedicated to the Emperor, and as this RP is about a group of Renegades/Mercenaries. A GK wouldn't fit in. It would be giving the fluff a kick in the nuts.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#29 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:22

I see... Ok, np then.

#30 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 13:03

You are very welcome to join though, just not GK, or Chaos. or Custodes for that matter, everything else, from Exodite to Tech-Priest, is free.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#31 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 13:57

The main problem is, only lore I know about is GK - Others do not attract me in that manner.

Though I could give it a try as Enginseer. I see you miss a mechanic, after all, it's not that Dag's mechy things work like swiss clock or H&K. :P

#32 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 21:03

Enginseers or Tech Marines would have difficulty repairing something of Orky origin because the weapon is most of the time, a box, barrel, and an ammo belt and that simplicity would mess with their ritualistic approach to repairing things. An Ork weapon will never break or jam because Orks don't believe they will, but they can be destroyed. That being said, Dagbolt can always loot another gun if his Snazzgun is destroyed, meaning he'll have to make do with whatever he finds.

However, yes, we do currently lack a mechanic because of Gabriel leaving the RP. An Enginseer, tech priest, or Tech Marine would be a fine addition I should think.
Posted Image

#33 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 21:39

I'll wait a little bit more, to learn more about them.

#34 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 21:46

Know them enough to the point where you know their repair rituals and how they would react to a given enemy type (Imperial guard, Tau, or Orks for instance).
Posted Image

#35 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:01

Right. Thanks for directing.

#36 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:03

If you have any questions or need help, PM either Me or Nooka.

I think I will post in the RP thread today, we need to get this thing moving.

Edited by SquigPie, 23 August 2009 - 09:03.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#37 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 19:14

I don't know that I'll be able to answer all of your questions, because the final say is Squigpie's when it comes to matters of joining the mercenary group in our RP with a certain race.

Speaking of race, and this probably goes without saying, but I will anyway, to go along with the short list of races that wouldn't fit into our group, Tyranids should also be included in that list. Not that they couldn't be portrayed by any one of us, their gestalt mentality and singular overmind don't allow them for independent thought.
Posted Image

#38 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 19:25

Indeed Nooka, the same goes with Necrons, as they doesn't have any free will of their own, it would be rather boring to play as one, let alone impossible.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#39 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 19:31

It is possible to be a Pariah or a Necron Lord because those are the only members of the Necron race that can "speak". However, since Necron Lords have no real sense of time, when they speak, it could take days for them to finish a simple sentence. They have no free will, because they essentially are the C'tan in living metal bodies, the same beings that tricked them ("them" being the Necrotyr, where the Necron name comes from). When the Necrotry were tricked by the C'tan, they gave up all free will, speech, original way of life, and free thought. The Necron Lords were forced to remember the horrible fate of the Necrotyr, and are tortured by their choice to be all conquering warriors.

Because of these facts, Necron would, as you have put it, be rather boring (and a poor choice of character) to portray. Because a Necron has no free will, it wouldn't make much sense for one to join a mercenary group then either.
Posted Image

#40 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 21:43

But if we turn the saw upside-down, they would be a great besiegeing force.

#41 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 00:00

You'd only be playing one character, and not one in command of a planet annihilating force. Also, there is no way to sway the directive of the Necron. They are "pre-programmed" if you will, to destroy all living forms until there is nothing left. This evidence stems down to their weaponry, which strips a foe atom by atom until there is nothing but dust left.
Posted Image

#42 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:45

No, I wasn't talking about leading necrons, just as something out-of-current discussion.

#43 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 13:26

How were you referring to them then mate?
Posted Image

#44 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 20:50

In same manner as ork invaders are in current RP situation.

#45 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 20:56

Ah, I think I get what you're saying now. If we were to go against the Necron as a Mercenary group. Could be fun, but should probably be reserved for an end battle, as a single hit from a Necron Flayer strips off all of the armour in the area instantly (this is why there is no armour saves when struck by a Necron weapon).
Posted Image

#46 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 21:08

Wait, what?

I knew those things were nasty, but that? I admit, all I know about Warhammer is from DoW games, and only lore I have been reading about is one about Grey Knights.

Is there some book or what?

#47 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 21:19

You'll want to get your hands on a Necron Codex (which is hopefully being redone soon) then so that you can learn just how intensely evil the Necron are. A basic grasp of what the Necrons are on about can be found here on Lexicanum.
Posted Image

#48 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 21:58

Where can I get all the codexes?

#49 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 22:03

Search that site, actual codexes are copyrighted but that's general fluff from the universe.

#50 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 22:12

I thought if it's possible to buy those books. Sure would fuck up the rest of my life, as it would 100% sure take away all my time for reading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users