Warhammer 40000 RP: Firedragons

92 replies to this topic

#76 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 19:43

I don't kill off characters unless I have no other choice.

And yes, TehKiller directly said that I should kill him off, and Liten have had several PM's notifying him of the need to post.

Now I have to do something about this stupid writers block...

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#77 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 23:06

I'll write tomorrow something...
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#78 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 18:51

Nooka, I'm just waiting for you to post before moving on.

Plox

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#79 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 18:54

I'll have something for Dag posted up in a day or two max. Was contemplating having Dag bring back the body of TehKiller's character, since he's being killed off.
Posted Image

#80 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 14:05

Uh... we stopped again?

#81 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 16:57

It's my fault when you boil it all down. Having a severe case of writer's block. I know what I want Dagbolt to do, but putting it into words is a completely other matter than just knowing the general plot, which is where I'm stuck. I hope to have something up soon, but I can't promise an exact date. :D
Posted Image

#82 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 13:27

Yeah, no problem mate. Just didn't knew if this is alive :D

#83 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 22:12

RP thread is alive again (well, maybe the better term is recently stimulated), just awaiting Squigpie's input so that we can get this RP on the road again. Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 17:38

I'm assuming that our next posts will consist of the attack on the outpost then?
You almost did, didn't you?

#85 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:43

Apparently so, yes. Unless you guys wanna do any kinky non-combatty stuff in your posts, we can wait for you guys to clean up THEN have the guy with the most imagination start the bloodfest. :P
Posted Image

#86 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 15:33

It was my understanding that the posts were to consist of us gearing up (if that's the case, all of our posts are going to be rather limited). My reasoning for this is that 1). it doesn't say that we've headed toward our target, and 2). we don't know the layout of the fortress, nor do we know how tall the walls are. It is true though, that once we arrive, at least one of the details could be found out through an optical scan.

If we're going to be facing some Imperial Guard, our next set of posts should be all of us converging on the fortress, and not this go 'round. In my honest opinion, it'll be a much better read if we do it that way.
Posted Image

#87 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 16:05

Very well. I guess the next posts should consist of us surveying the fortress then.
You almost did, didn't you?

#88 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 16:18

I should have something up today or tomorrow detailing Dag's "preparations", as an Ork is always ready for a fight and a weapon in his own right. However, I'm not quite sure of how to aim Dag.

It seems that D.K. has shifted us going to some sort of tank depot, instead of what Squigpie had us gearing up for (which was essentially a fortress'd barracks). If it does end up that we're heading for a tank depot, there will most probably Lascannons to back up those heavy stubbers. One of us would need to cut the power. Actually, one of us will need to cut the power in either case. Also in either case, we'll have a fight on our hands because Imperial Guard tend to be quite numerous. Squigpie might ask D.K. to edit his post, because Squig is the RP Headmaster and what he says, is what we go after (or what happens to us).

We should gear up, then it'll probably be us surveying the fortress and/or attacking. Keep in mind though that Dag will see this as "unOrky" and decide to find another way in (this is the bit I'll need to get creative on). Also, one more thing to consider is that our Rhino is broken, which is the reason we're raiding this IG outpost.
Posted Image

#89 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 19:14

The thing was, what the hell are the parts for rhino doing in some burrowed bunker, held like it's a holy grail? :P So everything stays the same way, but just little bit of re-editing, as that spare parts can be found on such depot, where mechanized brigades are kept. Just makes a bit more sense in all this.

#90 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 20:56

The bunker isn't buried. It's on top of a hill. The thing is, we weren't given too many details about the bunker, except for its location and the fact that there are gun emplacements on the walls (heavy stubbers).

Might want to run those details by Squigpie first mate, seeing as he's the one who controls the RP. If he says it's okay, then no worries, otherwise you might want to edit your post (but only if Squigpie doesn't agree to what you've posted).

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 25 January 2010 - 20:56.

Posted Image

#91 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 14:15

Ok, fine, bunker is on the hill, with a lot of guns. Fine, but still doesn't make sense what the hell are rhino parts doing in the bunker. Maybe it could be some kind of experimental tech lab, a some kind of surprise, eh?

#92 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 14:42

Hey hey, maybe somewhere else they are TOO many parts and needed somewhere else to store it and voila, surplus bunker here :)
Posted Image

#93 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 17:07

View PostD.K., on 30 Jan 2010, 9:15, said:

Ok, fine, bunker is on the hill, with a lot of guns. Fine, but still doesn't make sense what the hell are rhino parts doing in the bunker. Maybe it could be some kind of experimental tech lab, a some kind of surprise, eh?

Hey mate, it was only a friendly suggestion. :)

Infantry are commonly transported by Rhinos, or in the Imperial Guard's case, Chimeras. Some of the parts for the Chimera could potentially be used for Rhino parts. It was never stated what exactly the Firedragon's Rhino needs, so it could be a few track links, it could be some engine components, or it could be those parts plus some armour bits.
Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users