#526 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 18:33

Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 18:42, said:

Chyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 16:30, said:

Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 17:19, said:

Once they nerfed the 1887's and removed the CP+ knife glitch there wasn't/isn't a great deal to complain about gameplay wise. Nothing that stopped us from playing it anyway (despite the tubes+DC combo that we all hate). Just a lot of lamers and cheaters.
And the complete lack of weapon balance is a "meh, never mind" to you? :xD:

(not that BO will be more balanced, probably :sly: )

I rarely find myself thinking during a game, "OMG that weapon is sooooooo OP", granted that the ACR is like a laser yadda yadda, but it's not unplayable. There are few players that are unbeatable, even if they are using weapons with zero recoil and out-sniping the snipers. I suffer more poor performances from bad hosts than I do imba weaponary.
Sorry mate, but when I find my performance goes up a hundred percent while using a particular CLASS of weapons alone despite being proficient with all weapons I think you can definitely speak with great certainty of "significant imbalance". If two players of exactly the same skill level meet, one with a sniper rifle and one with an assault rifle, and the sniper rifle loses out almost every single time, the imbalance is significant enough to say it's game-breaking.

Not using an assault rifle is an infinitely greater disadvantage than even major lag.

Stinger, on 8 Nov 2010, 19:05, said:

Steam says it will unlock in 14 hours so that means people in the UK have to wait for it to be time in the centre of the universe. :sly:
IN 'MERRRCUH
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#527 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 18:51

Not using an assault rifle is an infinitely greater disadvantage than even major lag.

this exactly.
it's time to wake up

#528 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 19:37

And when steam unlocks the game, the servers are so clogged up that you can't play until tomorrow afternoown :xD:

#529 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 20:48

Jok3r, on 8 Nov 2010, 17:37, said:

cba to make multiple quote paragraphs

Firstly we are talking about the spread on burst fire mode not semi automatic mode

Secondly I never even mentioned retardation like that. I actually wanted to explain it in detail but after seeing the amount of text I just decided to delete it all and make it simple. The real point of burst fire is for suppressive fire however with burst fire suppression fire you arent prone to wasting that much of ordinance and more importantly the inclusion of SAW systems in every platoon kinda made it also redundant.

I aint you average internet retard pulling facts out of his arse
Posted Image

#530 BillyChaka

The word is law. The law is love.

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts
  • Projects: stayin' alive

Posted 08 November 2010 - 23:23

Subscription for CoD?

and here's some color commentary by nextgentactics: http://www.youtube.c...nrs&feature=sub

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

[19:11] <+IonCannnon> Basically, billychaka is a heartless bastard.

#531 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 23:54

Paradise, on 9 Nov 2010, 1:23, said:

Subscription for CoD?

and here's some color commentary by nextgentactics: http://www.youtube.c...nrs&feature=sub
FUCKING LAME D:

Also, I was able to tell he was Canadian by his accent ^^ . *is proudish*
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#532 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:04

If its going to be the same rehashed CoD then I doubt itll take off, people will just stick to this years one :xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#533 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:06

Pav:3d, on 9 Nov 2010, 0:04, said:

If its going to be the same rehashed CoD then I doubt itll take off, people will just stick to this years one :xD:

Well they have managed to resell the same game, I'm sure they could do it again :sly:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#534 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:07

Except most actual gamers are sheep who feel the need to always buy the last CoD game. As long as Activision throws a few flashy videos, they'll have millions of consumers no matter the price of the game...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#535 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:11

Pav:3d, on 9 Nov 2010, 2:04, said:

If its going to be the same rehashed CoD then I doubt itll take off, people will just stick to this years one :P
The PC community might not. The consoles will bite immediately, especially since they already pay.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#536 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:14

CJ, on 9 Nov 2010, 0:07, said:

Except most actual gamers are sheep who feel the need to always buy the last CoD game. As long as Activision throws a few flashy videos, they'll have millions of consumers no matter the price of the game...

But CoD isnt as much of a second life as something like WoW. Make all the jokes you want but people dont depend on CoD the way they do with MMORPG's. Its about blasting away some random people for a few hours and then doing something else (Yes apart from the 13 year olds with nothing else to do or clan members yada yada yada, but they arent the entire userbase).

So Im predicting that while it will be successful and people will buy it as always, it wont take off as much as the other CoD's. EA will go right in there for sure and be all: "Battlefield and MoH have no subscription fee's guys!" and snap up customers who dont want to pay monthly.

Edited by Pav:3d, 09 November 2010 - 00:15.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#537 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:14

Chyros, on 9 Nov 2010, 0:11, said:

If its going to be the same rehashed CoD then I doubt itll take off, people will just stick to this years one :P
The PC community might not. The consoles will bite immediately, especially since they already pay.

Well only players on the 360 pay, the PS3's online is free.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#538 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:16

TheDR, on 9 Nov 2010, 2:14, said:

Chyros, on 9 Nov 2010, 0:11, said:

Well only players on the 360 pay, the PS3's online is free.
This is true, but the PS3 is kind of a violent console platform if I understood correctly. It supports the kind of gamer who falls into a narcoleptic coma when they go without killing someone for forty-five seconds, if Yahtzee is to be believed :xD: .

Edited by Chyros, 09 November 2010 - 00:20.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#539 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:22

There is a SECOND zombie mode...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#540 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:27

[quote name='Pav:3d' post='820364' date='9 Nov 2010, 2:22']There is a SECOND zombie mode...

[/quote]

|
|
|
v

[quote][url="http://forum.falloutstudios.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=35659&view=findpost&p=818905"]http://forum.falloutstudios.net/index.php?...st&p=818905[/url][/quote]

:P
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#541 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 00:33

Well mine was embedded, so there :P

and to not waste a post with pettiness, here is the great new Black Ops Ad:

(love how the noob tube has "IMBA" painted on it xD)

Edited by Pav:3d, 09 November 2010 - 00:41.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#542 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:01

Alias, on 9 Nov 2010, 3:52, said:

It retails for $98AU here (for PC, it's $118 for consoles :P), or ~$100 USD (since the AU is stronger than it at the moment :xD:), €72 or £62.

None of you can whine about it being overpriced.

Direct2Drive have it for $59.95USD - if you use "Bigsavings" as a promo code you'll get a 25% discount |8 (though I just checked before - it now says "This product is available for purchase worldwide excluding Germany, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.") :xD:

That aside, you really shouldn't be paying RRP anyway, most places here will sell it for around ~$70-$80 anyway.

Edited by deltaepsilon, 09 November 2010 - 01:09.

----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#543 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:10

Installed and played it, Graphics wise it is very W@Wish and The game is really laggy at the moment. Hopfully it settles down.

#544 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:44

Alias, on 9 Nov 2010, 4:02, said:

Wanderer, on 9 Nov 2010, 3:59, said:

For the consoles 69,99€ so not too far away ^^
Console price here is $118AUD which is ~€85 (although honestly, who in their right mind would pay more to get it on console when the console version is an inferior game? :P).

I was actually able to find it for $79 AUD at JB Hi-Fi today, thought it was a pretty nice deal, and the price was for both console and for PC :xD:

Edited by Grey_Vengeance, 09 November 2010 - 06:45.

#545 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:52

T3hViper, on 9 Nov 2010, 2:10, said:

Installed and played it, Graphics wise it is very W@Wish and The game is really laggy at the moment. Hopfully it settles down.

For a second I thought you said it looked like World of Warcraft, which I found very confusing. :P

Edited by SquigPie, 09 November 2010 - 06:52.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#546 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:17

This is why custom emblems are awesome
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#547 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:36

AAARGH! MY EYES! THEY BUURRRN!

That's just disgusting..

Edited by SquigPie, 09 November 2010 - 07:37.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#548 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:49

:P

Though, it seemed like the sort of thing that would amuse you Squig.
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#549 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:00

Nah, my humor is blacker, and more focused on self-parody style pervertion than homosexual animals humping eachother.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#550 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:04

T3hViper, on 9 Nov 2010, 7:10, said:

You mean the MP lag or FPS drops? My copy would arrive next week. Have to protect myself from spoilers till then :S

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users