CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#101 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:50

MW2 had the second best gun sounds I've ever heard in a FPS (BC2 was better) and BO's sound effects certainly don't sound that much worse.

I guess I was 'a bit' exaggerating here

MW2 had one of the worst sounds in almost a decade. Heck I think that even HL1 sounds were in the same rank as MW2's

.. but you were as well. I agree, explosion sounds could have been better.

I liked MW2's gun sounds. (although some guns sounded better than others ofcourse). CoD always hat it's 'special' sound style. I guess some people like it, some don't.

Also I am dissapointed that there is nothing new. But I'm willing to pay 45-60€ a year for new maps, weapons and killstreaks because there is just NO other (MP)FPS game on the horizon that will bring the same amount of fun.
Posted Image

#102 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:13

View PostStalker, on 10 Aug 2010, 10:47, said:

Seriously guys, you call that game failure after a 1:30 trailer?

Yes, I agree it does look like Modern Warfare 2.5
I wish it DID look like MW2.5, but it doesn't. Treyarch have nowhere near the expertise of IW in terms of animations, and obviously their models are inferior too.

What are you talking about polycount, sounds and animation. I haven't noticed anything about bad animations (well probably because I don't really care)
Well, YOU don't care, but others do. Good graphics and animations seriously help with immersion and avoid the issue of being revolting to the gamer. And before the "gameplay is more important than graphics" argument is tossed in: why can't you have both? MW2 does, why can't BO?

And before I get flamed for buying this crap game ... show me any good (new) MP-FPS that is/looks better than this game
So far it doesn't seem to have addressed any of MW2's problems in terms of balance or mechanics or is even worse, while looking and sounding ten zillion times worse.

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 10 Aug 2010, 11:21, said:

View PostChyros, on 10 Aug 2010, 6:29, said:

What could this game possibly have to offer over MW2?

Dedicated servers and lean.
Lean sucks balls and dedicated servers alone is not nearly enough for me to buy a game that is worse. Let alone for the console chappies who don't even profit from the dedis.

View PostStalker, on 10 Aug 2010, 12:50, said:

I liked MW2's gun sounds. (although some guns sounded better than others ofcourse). CoD always hat it's 'special' sound style. I guess some people like it, some don't.
I'd say the MW2 gun sounds weren't very good overall, but they had a few truly outstanding ones, for example the AK sound which is so far the best gun sound I have ever heard in any game of any genre or age.

Now if they had modding support or visuals and sounds that at least didn't make your eyes shrivel up and your ears drop off or strongly improved gameplay mechanics, that would make buying it a viable choice, but so far we haven't seen or heard ANYTHING that would warrant a buy IMO.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#103 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:27

YOU don't care, but others do

hmmm. fixed.

YOU care, but others don't

well... yeah. that's the point.

i think i'll just have some fun instead of bickering about whether or not the game is up to par in terms of graphics. that's what i've been doing with mw2 up until now.
it's time to wake up

#104 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:28

When I first saw the World at War trailers I was unconvinced. It was when I later bought the game on a Steam sale that I released my initial feelings were justified.

This, on the other hand, has created a better impression and I can see it being my new FPS in November. Some things, such as the reloads, may not be as good as Infinity Ward's but that is not enough to put me off.

Modern Warfare 2 is fun when there is little lag and when there are no cheaters/lamers and boosters in the match, but that is only a very small percentage of the time in my experience.

View PostStalker, on 10 Aug 2010, 9:47, said:

show me any good (new) MP-FPS that is/looks better than this game

I think we can both agree that there are none.

Medal of Honor is a shitty Bad Company 2 mod. The "movement", and I use the term loosely, makes you feel like you are wading through 10 tonnes of mud. Call of Duty makes the controls feel like an extension of your arm. What other game gives you that fluidity of movement, of precise control?

#105 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 16:36

IGN Rewind theater showing all the "neat" stuff

Check it out

#106 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 22:20

By the way, has anyone seen any of the weapons other than the sniper rifle idle at all? :xD:
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#107 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 10 August 2010 - 22:54

View PostWanderer, on 10 Aug 2010, 17:36, said:

Nice, that diving looks cool along with the camera spike

Posted Image

Posted Image

#108 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5847 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 00:03

Not diving D:

It's like BF2 dolphin jumping all over again.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#109 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:34

View PostWanderer, on 11 Aug 2010, 2:36, said:

Some of the features still look really interesting. I'm up for giving the gameplay (key word) a shot, rather than having a bitch about superficial bullshit like how the graphics aren't up to scratch or how the weapon animations aren't good.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#110 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:02

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 11 Aug 2010, 6:34, said:

View PostWanderer, on 11 Aug 2010, 2:36, said:

Some of the features still look really interesting. I'm up for giving the gameplay (key word) a shot, rather than having a bitch about superficial bullshit like how the graphics aren't up to scratch or how the weapon animations aren't good.
Like I said, what's wrong with having both?
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#111 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:47

nothing at all, but in the end gameplay always survives where graphics become old.
it's time to wake up

#112 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:57

That is true. However, I'm not really seeing any way in which gameplay has improved compared to MW2, so far.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 16:27

it's abit like mw2 on pc. The "special features" were mouse support and you could change graphs. Now we're getting Dedicated servers back :xD: I'd say that's an improvement

#114 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 17:08

It's an improvement, but not to gameplay. Dedicated servers and stuff like that make the game more conveniently playable with them, but the game itself doesn't improve because of them, is my point. That's also why I like MW2 as a game: the game logistics may be terrible because they're based off a console, but the gameplay itself doesn't suffer because of it.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#115 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 13:24

That is true. Fun to play WHEN you get there (and no cheaters/hackers/boosters in the game with you)

#116 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:15

Just when prestige editions couldnt get anymore ridiculous, here is Black Ops's one :duh:

Posted Image

Activision and Treyarch are adding a remote controlled "surveillance vehicle inspired by the RC-XD" to the Prestige edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

"With a range of up to 200 feet, the RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle has a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both TFT colour video and audio to its operator."

That's right, an RC vehicle in the, as yet unpriced, edition. Unpriced, but you can bet it won't be cheap.

As the press release says, "The Prestige Edition is inclusive of the Hardened Edition, which includes a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit, as well as four playable co-operative maps.

"The Prestige Edition is now available in limited supplies for pre-order in the UK, exclusively through HMV, GAME and Gamestation."

The Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition and Hardened Edition are out on 9th November 2010.

Source

I if have the money when this comes out I will probably pick it up :xD:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:23

Sigh. If only they actually put the money into the actual game instead of this garbage that they stick it with...

Posted Image

#118 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 16:28

The car is cool but I have to agree with Alias on this one

#119 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:16

If I ever need something like this, I'd go buy the RC car from a specialized shop, instead of a silly prestige edition of a game published by a bunch of thieves.

For the next Call of Duty, the prestige edition will contain a dildo, so you can get fucked even more by buying it :duh:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#120 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:21

View PostCJ, on 13 Aug 2010, 3:16, said:

For the next Call of Duty, the prestige edition will contain a dildo, so you can get fucked even more by buying it :duh:

LOL, quote of the month right there.

Posted Image

#121 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:32

View PostCJ, on 12 Aug 2010, 18:16, said:

For the next Call of Duty, the prestige edition will contain a dildo, so you can get fucked even more by buying it :xD:

Wait for the Stimulus Package, it'll just be more batteries :duh:

#122 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:39

dang bro, that must be the single most useless piece of shit i've ever seen bundled in a game.

i mean, it doesn't even LOOK cool. it's a box with a larger box and wheels. yay.
it's time to wake up

#123 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 17:42

Oh yeah and apparently the prestige edition isn't for the PC ^^

#124 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 21:36

[quote name='Pav:3d' post='797534' date='12 Aug 2010, 18:15']Just when prestige editions couldnt get anymore ridiculous, here is Black Ops's one :duh:

[quote]Activision and Treyarch are adding a remote controlled "surveillance vehicle inspired by the RC-XD" to the Prestige edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops.

"With a range of up to 200 feet, the RC-XD Surveillance Vehicle has a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both TFT colour video and audio to its operator."

That's right, an RC vehicle in the, as yet unpriced, edition. Unpriced, but you can bet it won't be cheap.

As the press release says, "The Prestige Edition is inclusive of the Hardened Edition, which includes a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit, as well as four playable co-operative maps.

"The Prestige Edition is now available in limited supplies for pre-order in the UK, exclusively through HMV, GAME and Gamestation."

The Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition and Hardened Edition are out on 9th November 2010.[/quote]

[url="http://spong.com/nibble/22139/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Prestige-Edition-Gets-Remote-Controlled-Vehicle"]Source[/url]

I if have the money when this comes out I will probably pick it up :/
[/quote]I could never afford that, but to be honest, it actually kinda looks cool. Though Alias is right:[quote name='Alias' post='797536' date='12 Aug 2010, 18:23']Sigh. If only they actually put the money into the actual game instead of this garbage that they stick it with...[/quote]

[quote name='CJ' post='797546' date='12 Aug 2010, 19:16']If I ever need something like this, I'd go buy the RC car from a specialized shop, instead of a silly prestige edition of a game published by a bunch of thieves.

For the next Call of Duty, the prestige edition will contain a dildo, so you can get fucked even more by buying it :D[/quote]LOOOOOL :/

[quote name='Wizard' post='797550' date='12 Aug 2010, 19:32'][quote name='CJ' post='797546' date='12 Aug 2010, 18:16']For the next Call of Duty, the prestige edition will contain a dildo, so you can get fucked even more by buying it |8[/quote]
Wait for the Stimulus Package, it'll just be more batteries :xD:
[/quote]The Stimulus package is actually quite good. The maps are quite interesting, if not rather badly balanced for Domination, but awesome nonetheless. From what I heard from Stinger, the Resurgence pack is not only a waste of money, but actually a negative to have since you can't seem to switch it off.

You can bet your kidneys BO will have map packs too, though.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 12 August 2010 - 22:03

View PostAlias, on 12 Aug 2010, 18:21, said:

View PostCJ, on 13 Aug 2010, 3:16, said:

LOL, quote of the month right there.

You just won the internet.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users