963 replies to this topic

#451 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 20:42

View PostStinger, on 2 Nov 2010, 22:27, said:

View PostChyros, on 2 Nov 2010, 20:23, said:

Noscoping is a lot worse than quickscoping tbh, and everything Treyarch have done so far to combat quickscoping is basically make legitimate sniping useless.

I call it balancing with a chainsaw. Instead of getting to the root of the problem and removing the branch, they fell the tree instead.

The crosshair penalty hurts snipers at range and basically doesn't affect quickscopers because they don't wait for the transition time.

What a monumental fuck up.
Exactly!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#452 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:59

I feel this is partly relevant to the discussion because it shows how one of the game mechanics works on the console versions of these games.

So here's a look at how the console aim assist works in Call of Duty:

#453 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 04 November 2010 - 13:28

Well now I know the point of the Holo sight :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#454 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 15:27

not only that but i vaguely recall it negating range. i.e: bullets lose their 'lose damage over longer ranges'.
it's time to wake up

#455 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 16:09

Why couldn't Treyarch look at a game where you can not quickscope, compare MW2 to it and observe the differences, instead of implementing some 'feature' in the game that is only really obstructing normal gameplay.
Posted Image

#456 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 16:31

View PostCamille, on 4 Nov 2010, 17:27, said:

not only that but i vaguely recall it negating range. i.e: bullets lose their 'lose damage over longer ranges'.
This is false. The FAL gets increased minimum damage with a holo sight due to a bug in the coding, but otherwise, the holo sight does not impacr range or damage (or aim assist range, for that matter).

View PostShirou, on 4 Nov 2010, 18:09, said:

Why couldn't Treyarch look at a game where you can not quickscope, compare MW2 to it and observe the differences, instead of implementing some 'feature' in the game that is only really obstructing normal gameplay.
Indeed, I agree. Even just having CoD 4 standards would eliminate most quickscoping, tbh.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#457 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 16:49

right, it was only the fal :P my bad.
it's time to wake up

#458 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 13:50

What can be worse than a n00b-tuber or a knife runner?

*drum roll*

In Black Ops there will be Tube-Runners, because it's possible to put a tube on an smg now (AK-74).
This basically means you can have an fast infinite-sprint smg-runner with faster melee and a tube (+random annoying secondary) - all in one class.

I guess we have to wait and see how this works out, but only thinking at it makes me want to play wager-matches or barebones only.
Posted Image

#459 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 13:52

View PostStalker, on 5 Nov 2010, 14:50, said:

*drum roll*

In Black Ops there will be Tube-Runners, because it's possible to put a tube on an smg now (AK-74).
This basically means you can have an fast infinite-sprint smg-runner with faster melee and a tube (+random annoying secondary) - all in one class.

I guess we have to wait and see how this works out, but only thinking at it makes me want to play wager-matches or barebones only.

How come they always make noobtubing better? FFS they know that everyone hates it. Why do they keep boosting it?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#460 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 14:00

View PostStalker, on 5 Nov 2010, 13:50, said:

*drum roll*

Sauce?

#461 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 14:10

View PostSquigPie, on 5 Nov 2010, 14:52, said:

How come they always make noobtubing better? FFS they know that everyone hates it. Why do they keep boosting it?

It's not really a boost of tubing itself. It's more a boost of the other 'hated' tactics, like Knife- or SMG-running.

You can't reload/resupply your tube in Black Ops, you have 2 shots only, so you can't really play tube-only, like in MW2 with Scavenger or OMA.
But now, one of the (most likely) strongest class loadouts in BO (that wouldn't have worked with a tube in MW2): SMG+Ballistic-Knife / Lightweight / Steady-Aim / Marathon (I described its effects in my post above), now works with a tube, so it can be even more annoying/powerful.

Here is the video (he shows all the AK74's attachments in action) - GL is at ~ 1:00
Posted Image

#462 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 14:21

I can confirm that it's true, Wizard - can't find the video now - but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about as the Flak Jacket perk looks to be amazing against explosives:

Some claim that the users who make the Flak Jacket videos have doubled their health, but with many different videos popping up, all by different users, the evidence seems to support their claim.

It looks like it will take a direct hit from the grenade launcher to kill a player with the Flak Jacket perk.

The CoD wiki has all the details of the AK-74u's attachments:

http://callofduty.wi...com/wiki/AK-74u

Edited by Stinger, 05 November 2010 - 14:22.

#463 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 14:36

I wasn't doubting, just wanted to see it confirmed/in action. Cheers for the links 8|

@ Flak jacket, at last, a real counter to the tubes :D

Edit: Jeez, what was that scope on the AK74 at 0:33 of BlackOpsDrone's video?? :P

Edited by Dr.Wizard, 05 November 2010 - 14:38.

#464 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 14:41

View PostStalker, on 5 Nov 2010, 15:50, said:

*drum roll*

Meh, without Commando, the running isn't too big of a deal. Running doesn't reinforce noobtubing.

View PostStalker, on 5 Nov 2010, 16:10, said:

Here is the video (he shows all the AK74's attachments in action) - GL is at ~ 1:00
So is there a source where it is confirmed that the AK-74u is an SMG and not an AR? Besides, even if it were an SMG, it's not unlikely that it would follow AR rules and therefore be the only one to have it possible to mount it on (like in CoD 4 where it was basically an AR).

View PostStinger, on 5 Nov 2010, 16:21, said:

I can confirm that it's true, Wizard - can't find the video now - but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about as the Flak Jacket perk looks to be amazing against explosives:

Some claim that the users who make the Flak Jacket videos have doubled their health, but with many different videos popping up, all by different users, the evidence seems to support their claim.
It not unlikely that double health wouldn't increase your resistance to explosives anyway, since "double health" doesn't actually give you double health. I think it's most likely that either Flak Jacket will give you a very low multiplier against explosive damage, or that it's still 0,65 and that explosives are now super weak. If the grenades have the power of MW2 frags, you almost don't even need a modifier since the lethal radius of MW2 frags is tiny enough that you will survive one that's right next to you without using Blast Shield.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#465 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 05 November 2010 - 16:17

It looks like the very same game with more, after all the disappointments from CoD, I don't think I will get this one either.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#466 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:20

So guns do have some recoil in Black Ops at least:

Although these are not comprehensive tests and they don't show us if the guns have any random recoil variable, it's still heartening that there appears to be more recoil than MW2.

The RPK also sounds freaking awesome. :P

Edited by Stinger, 06 November 2010 - 10:37.

#467 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:28

The M16 seems to not really have any recoil, tbh. The MP5K seems much like a CoD 4 MP5.

On a side note; don't you think it's kinda weird that during the RPK reload, inserting the magazine doesn't really seem to make any sound? Oo
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#468 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:05

AK-47 with attachments.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28ypg7bhZig

I think I just fell in love... :P

That ACOG looks really awesome.
Posted Image

#469 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:18

*Drools over that AK firing sound*

View PostChyros, on 6 Nov 2010, 11:28, said:

On a side note; don't you think it's kinda weird that during the RPK reload, inserting the magazine doesn't really seem to make any sound? Oo

I was listening to it with headphones and it sounds perfectly fine to me.

I think Treyarch have really nailed the sounds in this game. (Six months ago, I wouldn't have believed I'd be saying this.)

As for the M16, it's no longer a single burst kill from what I've seen so the trade off for accuracy seems fine. You can't spray with it so it demands precision. I think it would be useless if it leapt in the air with added recoil between bursts.

Edited by Stinger, 06 November 2010 - 12:38.

#470 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:40

View PostStalker, on 6 Nov 2010, 14:05, said:

AK-47 with attachments.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28ypg7bhZig

I think I just fell in love... 8|

That ACOG looks really awesome.
The ACOG model is quite good, but note that it gives you an even smaller view than it did before. The black circle around the edge is massive. The firing sound is pretty good I'd say, kind of what you'd imagine an AK to sound like, as well. The amount of side- and upper mounts whenever you put a sight on it is kinda ugly though, as is the model without a sight since it is waaaay too thin :P . From the looks of it, I'm guessing it will have identical recoil (again :D ), but the "let's remove all buck from all guns" seems to have carried through to the most-bucking weapon in the game as well, the AK, since even it hardly moves when fired.

On a side note, the reload and bolt pull on the AK-47 as well as the Masterkey model, reload and all animations on it are directly ripped out of MW2. Interestingly, they made the Masterkey sound much better this time around.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#471 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:13

I agree the ACOG's circle is pretty huge, but finally the recoil (when scoped) looks small enough to be actually usable.

And you can put a (variable zoom)sniper-scope on some AR's now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHBX30QQRY...player_embedded
Posted Image

#472 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:14

They really pulled their finger out with the sounds, Im not going to miss MW2 and its bb gun sounding weapons

Posted Image

Posted Image

#473 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 14:16

View PostStalker, on 6 Nov 2010, 15:13, said:

I agree the ACOG's circle is pretty huge, but finally the recoil (when scoped) looks small enough to be actually usable.

And you can put a (variable zoom)sniper-scope on some AR's now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHBX30QQRY...player_embedded
Yeah, Treyarch tend to give some assault rifles sniper rifle attributes. I imagine you'll be able to do the same on the M14. Unfortunately, they also have a history of making those many times better than sniper rifles, but I guess we'll have to see for ourselves.

At least the quickscopers will still be able to QS with scoped assault rifles, good for them, bad for us :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#474 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:02

they better make it so you can use it on the m14, cause the M21 has been my favorite sniper in all the MWs, and the m14 was my favorite gun overall in MW1.

and yeah, those sound effects sound a lot more like real guns than the cheesy synthetic noises of MW2

#475 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 23:39

View PostChyros, on 6 Nov 2010, 22:28, said:

The M16 seems to not really have any recoil, tbh.

Well that IS the case in reality after all...

And I second the posts above, the sounds have come along quite nicely. People complain that Treyarch have made them sound dull and lifeless, but most guns in RL have pretty low profile reports anyway, not these loud ostentatious cracks that everyone seems to expect.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users