Up set i am

39 replies to this topic

#1 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 01 October 2010 - 13:55

Yup its the first of October and im not in New South Wales for the Deniliquin ute muster! oh well there all ways next year i guess 8|

For those who don't know what im talking about some information!

Informed now?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#2 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:36

Oh man, and I thought my area was lousy with trucks and drunks.

#3 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:51

Australia's version of America's "Hicks/Rednecks".
Posted Image

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:29

Heh I see you'd be right at home at that event 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:49

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 3 Oct 2010, 13:51, said:

Thats a misconception!

Its beutetiful!!!!! i heard 20,000+ turned out for last years muster. I will be making sure i don't miss Deni 2011

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:40

Even the guy in the vid's first word, "so", is enough to instantly make clear he is an Aussie 8| .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 17:19

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 3 Oct 2010, 7:49, said:

Thats a misconception!

Its beutetiful!!!!! i heard 20,000+ turned out for last years muster. I will be making sure i don't miss Deni 2011

This coming from a guy that now owns a "Ute". Sorry mate, but with all that dust-bowlin', hoopin', hollerin', and drinking, you lot are headed straight for the "Redneck" label. In fact, I'd not be surprised if America's rednecks got along with you Ute lovin' lot.
Posted Image

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 21:08

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 3 Oct 2010, 19:19, said:

Thats a misconception!

In fact, I'd not be surprised if America's rednecks got along with you Ute lovin' lot.
Who knows, just ask Hobbes Posted Image .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:35

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 4 Oct 2010, 1:19, said:

Thats a misconception!

This coming from a guy that now owns a "Ute". Sorry mate, but with all that dust-bowlin', hoopin', hollerin', and drinking, you lot are headed straight for the "Redneck" label. In fact, I'd not be surprised if America's rednecks got along with you Ute lovin' lot.

May i point out:
I have money
I do not have an array of fire arms (even though i wish i did)
I do not have a rusting chevy sitting in some long grass
I do not have car parts littering my front lawn
Finally i don't drink Budweiser or say y'all

Common traits of a redneck not evident here only sophistication and intelligent BnS'isim :xD:

#10 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 16:55

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 4 Oct 2010, 11:35, said:

Thats a misconception!

May i point out:
I have money

Common traits of a redneck not evident here only sophistication and intelligent BnS'isim 8|
But your car is a pickup truck :xD: . And you wear a cowboy hat, live in the desert, wear those American sunglasses, etc. :P

Edited by Chyros, 04 October 2010 - 16:58.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 21:05

The Stereotype-Ometer is overloading :xD:

#12 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 04 October 2010 - 21:43

View PostR3ven, on 5 Oct 2010, 0:05, said:

The Stereotype-Ometer is overloading :xD:

ding ding ding! :P
Posted Image

#13 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:20

View PostChyros, on 5 Oct 2010, 0:55, said:

Thats a misconception!

May i point out:
I have money

Common traits of a redneck not evident here only sophistication and intelligent BnS'isim 8|
But your car is a pickup truck :xD: . And you wear a cowboy hat, live in the desert, wear those American sunglasses, etc. :P

But its a ute an Australian invention! Its an Akubra completely different 8|, Not in a desert i live in an arid enviroment its different you see, I liked Top Gun and the 80's |8

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 17:31

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 5 Oct 2010, 12:20, said:

Thats a misconception!

May i point out:
I have money

Common traits of a redneck not evident here only sophistication and intelligent BnS'isim |8
But your car is a pickup truck :duh: . And you wear a cowboy hat, live in the desert, wear those American sunglasses, etc. 8|

But its a ute an Australian invention! Its an Akubra completely different 8|, Not in a desert i live in an arid enviroment its different you see, I liked Top Gun and the 80's 8|
That makes it an Australian pickup, it's still a hick hat, and it's dry and brown and therefore a desert |8 .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:00

View PostChyros, on 6 Oct 2010, 1:31, said:

Thats a misconception!

May i point out:
I have money

But your car is a pickup truck :duh: . And you wear a cowboy hat, live in the desert, wear those American sunglasses, etc. 8|

But its a ute an Australian invention! Its an Akubra completely different 8|, Not in a desert i live in an arid enviroment its different you see, I liked Top Gun and the 80's 8|
That makes it an Australian pickup, it's still a hick hat, and it's dry and brown and therefore a desert |8 .

Pickup? use the right colloquialisms mate right now your sounding more American than any one else!

http://rlv.zcache.com/hick_hat-p1484655368...139q02g_400.jpg
Thats a hick hat.

When you say desrt to some one they think of something like Saudi Arabia but when you say semi arid people think Australia |8

#16 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 18:59

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 6 Oct 2010, 14:00, said:

View PostChyros, on 6 Oct 2010, 1:31, said:

Thats a misconception!

May i point out:
I have money

But its a ute an Australian invention! Its an Akubra completely different 8|, Not in a desert i live in an arid enviroment its different you see, I liked Top Gun and the 80's :D

Pickup? use the right colloquialisms mate right now your sounding more American than any one else!
IN HMERICUH!

Whatever you call it, rednecks wear what you are wearing |8 .

When you say desrt to some one they think of something like Saudi Arabia but when you say semi arid people think Australia 8|
No, Australia consist of three snakes and a kangaroo in a desert with inexplicably shaped hills 8| .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 06 October 2010 - 19:05

View PostChyros, on 6 Oct 2010, 19:59, said:

Whatever you call it, rednecks wear what you are wearing :duh: .

DEY TUK ER JERB!

No seriously, isn't that the hat that Kenny's father wears all the time? In that case it confirms your statement 8|

Edited by CJ, 06 October 2010 - 19:05.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#18 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:21

View PostChyros, on 6 Oct 2010, 19:59, said:

Whatever you call it, rednecks wear what you are wearing :duh: .

No a redneck cant be wearing a hat like mine because its that expensive 8|
160 buck hat my hat is because it is genuine fur felt, kangaroo if im not mistaken.

#19 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:54

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 7 Oct 2010, 12:21, said:

No a redneck cant be wearing a hat like mine because its that expensive :duh:
160 buck hat my hat is because it is genuine fur felt, kangaroo if im not mistaken.

A AU$160 hat is still a hat. Just because you pay more for it doesn't make it any different to the one that cost AU$5 (if that is how little a hat might cost you).

#20 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:47

The difference is Akubras are an Australian icon, they're not some 'throwaway'. They're the official hat of the military among other things.

Just putting this out here, while I classify the Major as a 'bogan' (aka 'low class Australian'), there are some bogan things that are universally accepted in Australia regardless of class. Utes, Akubras and Drizabones are some examples.

Almost every Australian has some level of bogan in us.

Posted Image

#21 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 15:56

View PostAlias, on 7 Oct 2010, 14:47, said:

They're the official hat of the military among other things.
To an outsider, it looks just like a cowboy hat. So your military is dressed in cowboy hats? 8|
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:53

View PostAlias, on 7 Oct 2010, 20:47, said:

The difference is Akubras are an Australian icon, they're not some 'throwaway'. They're the official hat of the military among other things.

Just putting this out here, while I classify the Major as a 'bogan' (aka 'low class Australian'), there are some bogan things that are universally accepted in Australia regardless of class. Utes, Akubras and Drizabones are some examples.

Almost every Australian has some level of bogan in us.

It frustrates me when some one calls me a bogan, im country theres a difference for example:
Country people - Utes, 4wds, horses, Akubras, country music, R.M Williams gear, Bundy

Bogans - Torana's, Mullets, Jimmy Barnes,Creedence music, blue singlets, Emu Export.

Yeah i know i listen to Jimmy Barnes and wear blue singlets but what of it! the countryisim counter acts the boganisim!

Buying a Driazabone is bloody expensive if you didn't know.

#23 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:56

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 8 Oct 2010, 10:53, said:

It frustrates me when some one calls me a bogan, im country theres a difference for example:
Country people - Utes, 4wds, horses, Akubras, country music, R.M Williams gear, Bundy

Bogans - Torana's, Mullets, Jimmy Barnes,Creedence music, blue singlets, Emu Export.

Yeah i know i listen to Jimmy Barnes and wear blue singlets but what of it! the countryisim counter acts the boganisim!

There is barely one word of the above I understand and that isn't because of your grammar and spelling 8|

#24 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:17

View PostWizard, on 8 Oct 2010, 17:56, said:

There is barely one word of the above I understand and that isn't because of your grammar and spelling 8|

Why am i not surprised, it seems my linguistical skills far surpass the limited knowledge of advanced speech and colloquialistic mannerisms of which your yet to grasp Posted Image

#25 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:20

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 8 Oct 2010, 11:17, said:

View PostWizard, on 8 Oct 2010, 17:56, said:

Why am i not surprised, it seems my linguistical skills far surpass the limited knowledge of advanced speech and colloquialistic mannerisms of which you're yet to grasp Posted Image

Fix'd :xD:

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users