Deep End closed

75 replies to this topic

#26 smooder

America's Rage Leader

• 1870 posts
  • Projects: Americas Rage

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:03

I dont like this secretive thing going on.

And @ codecat... I'm sure its not just me who thinks the deepend should not have been closed.

Either someone else will back me up.
or they are just sucking up to you because your an admin.

I know you banned him.. But ellezark wants to speak from beyond the grave.

Elezzzark says:
To Be Honest, Philosophy`s Corner is already alternatived of Deep End without Politics---
Elezzzark says:
BUT religions and socials? that was very bad idea, it must be locked again or they fail.
Elezzzark says:
enough, done

I agree with the point he's making also.

#27 Areze

Gnurf Gnurf Gnurf

• Project Team
  • 2143 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:09

The reason the forum is getting strict is that the people are getting stupid, Kacen went out of control, Ele' ripped the Hunter off, AND IIRC was actually a double account of a troll that was banned way back. and the Deep End stank of trouble, all three were taken care of, and yet people are still going on, that's why the staff need to tighten the noose a little. Whining, crying and carrying on ain't gonna help you one bit.
Writing Thread

#28 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:10

Just leave it alone. This arguement isnt gonna get anywhere. The forum is closed. SO be it. Personally i never went there as I dont use this forum for much more than just checking on the mods I want to see. I visited it a couple of times. Though deep end should have been about discussion of deep things. Although it seems to have turned into alot of politics. If people want to talk politics than either start a forum dedicated to politics to keep satisfied or do discussions over MSN.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Nuke General

Originally Nuke General, Formerly Forerunner

• Member Test
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:44

I dunno, I liked the deep end, every so often I would post and I would always browse around it. Personally I feel this is a mistake but hey, it's your forum guys :/

Edited by Forerunner, 23 April 2007 - 21:44.

Posted Image
Awesome sig made by Lord Atlantis

#30 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:46

View PostNightshadow, on 23 Apr 2007, 22:09, said:

Whining, crying and carrying on ain't gonna help you one bit.

quoted for great justice :/
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#31 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 21:50

sounds like the classic "the admins are tired of keeping the peace so they limit the amount of free thinkin" to me

i found the deep end to be a great place to disscuss things other then games,mods,and random youtube clips.

sure there where some bad apples (aka kacen ele exct...) but that shouldnt be enough to close down fourms.

and maybe your right, maybe winning about it and saying "this isnt fair!" wont bring back the deep end but there is no way im letting the deep end go without giving my two cents.
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#32 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 22:08

It will not be missed by me. It was the scum of E-studios with all the religion, and America bashing threads. The Philospher's Corner will be much better. That and Smooder, if you don't like tyhis forum go make your own :/. The Deep End was nothing but trouble and it actully hurt some people. I know Major Nuker did'nt enjoy the religion bashing threads.
What was the point of the Deep End? All we did was bicker over topics with the same meaning as the last. It was really a waste of time, E-studios is supposed to be about modding anyways not how much GWB and Cristianity suck.

Edited by Hobbes1098, 23 April 2007 - 22:18.

#33 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 22:16

Though I'm glad to see all the "America Bashing" come to an end, I still found it most enjoyable to argue politics. I have 2 desired occupations in life: Aerospace Engineer for the US Federal Government, and a politician. I am part of the debate team, and arguing in the DE was an excellent way for me to practice. Needless to say, it helped me out some.

In addition, the DE was an excellent learning experience for many of the members, whether they think so or not. Though perhaps not vastly, the majority of us have improved in our arguments and world-knowledge. A lot of the forumites have probably been affected by some of the stuff said, and I should assume for better. It always helps to raise international awareness.

It is a dire shame to see it go.

#34 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 22:41

Actually now that I think about it the Deep End was a place for politics. No one said that politics was a nice thing. Even though there was bashing it was still political though. You cant really blame someone for posting there opinion on the US. As for the rest of it, it still had a place there. Everything did fit in somehow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 23:37

I'd say that's a good call. Every now and then I'd think "Might post in there", and I'd read a few posts and be like "Woah... Maybe not". It was kind of out of control...

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#36 DreadNot

Decider of Fate

• 1065 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 00:08

View PostE.V.E., on 23 Apr 2007, 14:39, said:

I think E-Studios shouldnt limit itself to gaming/modding. IMO i think E-Studios is a whole lot more then that.

You are right there, it could be more. But I dont know if Politics should be part of it.

- E.V.E.

The Deep End wasn't just about politics though. It was a lot more than that.

I liked the Deep End even though I didn't post there all too much. I liked going in and reading what people had to say. Plus, it was the second most popular forum to post in, if not the most popular.

I agree with Spiderspag.

Edited by Grim Reaper, 24 April 2007 - 23:40.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Big or small, home is home. Even if there's nothing left of it."

#37 Ascendancy

Needled 24/7

• 1293 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:52

Well, hmm to tell you I actually saw this coming. While I didn't contribute all too much to the discussions there I did have a couple posts. Kinda odd, though. But I combed through it now and then and it did get out of hand to be honest (and I am not taking any sides here). Oh well. Most of my posts are in Shockwave forum anyway, and that's where I plan on contributing my opinions.
Posted Image
Thanks to that awesome signature maker, Cattman2236.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 spiderspag

Blah.

• 3650 posts
  • Projects: C&C Shockwave and War Games ZH mapper

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:47

Well it seems as though you guys have your minds made up, and have no intention of accommodating the wishes of many of the longtime members of the E-Studio's forums even though it would, quite frankly, cost you nothing.

The Deep End forum was apart from ShW itself my main point of interest here at E-Studio's, and even I will continue mapping for itand posting in the Tester forums, I very much doubt I will be spending much of my time elsewhere.
Posted Image
This sick sig was made by da man, Cattman2236. Yeeh boii!
Posted Image
Check da myspace @ Spiderspag's Myspace
You killed my entire family... and I don't like that sort of thing...
Technocracy- it's our only hope.

#39 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:09

yea the deep end and the Shw forums are really the only places ive ever posted in
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#40 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:04

I lLOVED the DE.

I feel the same as Spag, Smooder, and Rump.

heck, I might as well not come here any more except for the occasional release celeb.

Please, bring back the deep end. It was the only place on the internet where it was shallow enough so that I didn't have to stop and think for 15 minutes every time before I posted(though I occasionally did), but you could freely talk about politics and all the contreversial stuff that I love.

Sure I'll still hang about in the Phylospher's corner a bit, but it will never be the same.

Edited by The Outsider, 24 April 2007 - 07:08.

Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#41 The_Hunter

-

• Gold Member
  • 12402 posts
  • Projects: SWR Productions

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:29

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 22:33, said:

I wasnt talking about just stuff in the deep end anyway. I'm talking about the forum in general.

I dont like the fact Kacen spams in the spammy yummy discussion. I'll ban him.

I don't like ellezark, lets ban him.

I dont agree with your oppinion, I'll ban you.

Your not even telling half of the story there and only the parts that make us look bad and you and the others the victims.

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 22:33, said:

I don't like the fact your asking for an explanation, I'll lock the topic and warn you.

I dont agree with you "consider this a warning"- for not having my oppinion

And that my friend is exactly why the Deep end should be gone i didn't post there often (like 3 times maybe ?) becouse even the admins and staff on this board were sometimes not capable of remaining neutral in policical disscussions.
That's also why i never posted there becouse i knew i would screwup somewhere and get people to hate me for my oppinion and maybe even lock a topic becouse i get pissed off at what others might be saying about my country or the one of someone else.

If even our modies and admins couldn't run it 100% fairly gives me reason enough to think were better off without it.
Posted Image

#42 Mathias

we dont need i to c

• 3831 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:30

Go somewhere else if you want to enjoy reflected political discussion. People around here are way too biased, defensive and immature IMO.
Lifes a shit.. deal w/ it..its impossible to have a good day wow fuck this gay earth much??
Posted Image
Ask me questions about audio technical matters or DAWs!

#43 Eddy01741

E-Studios Uber Computer Geek

• 2223 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 14:38

This was bound to happen, the first thing I read when I went to the deep end was the rules. No flaming, no racism, no insults to other groups of people or something of that alike. First thing I read, like everybody fighting about the Lebanon vs. Israel, it was just flaming, the people on the side of Lebanon were all saying that they were the "good guys" and same from Israel. The Deep End never really was a deep discussion, it was just flaming over political opinions, and who was the "good" side.
Posted Image

#44 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 15:21

Sorry, but IMO the DE was the most mature forum at ES, at least the bigger part of it. No useless oneliners, no "I agree. Full stop. End of post."-nonsense, a lot of reasonalbe (though admittedly somewhat heated) argumentations, complex opinions and so on...

Yes, the neutrality of staffis is a problem, I agree with that one. I have to say that I´m immensly impressed that POTP (who was the most active of the "higher council") never really overreacted to the bullshit presented by us. But there are many members and staff ´round here that are really not interested in politics at all. Give the DE authority to one of them, I´ve seen this working in quite many other forums.

View PostSmooder, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:05, said:

This forum is turning into a dictatorship more and more every day.
"Dictatorship" really doesn´t apply here. The fact that this discussion hasn´t been closed by now only underlines this.

View PostBob, on 23 Apr 2007, 20:46, said:

This forum is primarily about modding cnc based games[...]
:rotfll: Heh, sorry, no offence, but that´s a good one...

View PostNightshadow, on 23 Apr 2007, 21:09, said:

Whining, crying and carrying on ain't gonna help you one bit.
If you thinks that´s whining and crying... perhaps you should have visited the DE a bit more.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#45 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 17:50

Woot :D

#46 Nuke General

Originally Nuke General, Formerly Forerunner

• Member Test
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:40

We'll I suppose there's no use complaining now

Edited by Forerunner, 24 April 2007 - 19:45.

Posted Image
Awesome sig made by Lord Atlantis

#47 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:56

The Deep End is locked, quit bitching about it, it's only going to annoy others.

Edit: I almost forgot, Smooder: those guys got banned for a reason and if you were here you'd know, so drop it already.

Edited by Soul, 24 April 2007 - 19:59.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#48 Nexolate

The Hated

• 3078 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:06

I can't really speak from experience considering I rarely visit as it is and politics aren't my thing.

I'm not sucking up, I haven't spoken to Code in ages and couldn't care less if he was an Admin. I support the Admin/Staff's decision for the reasons they stated.

E-Studios always has been and probably always will be a gaming and modding forum. Politics was just as they said, an extra. If you don't like it, stop bitching and go somewhere else.

My 2 cents on this subject.
Posted Image
You'll only notice me when it's too late.
Posted Image

#49 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:15

I never suck up to the Mods/Staff/Admins or anyone, I don't have to cause there nice to me so I'm nice to them, it's just how I am is all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#50 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 20:29

I rarely go to the DE section but why the "Philosopher's Corner" screams Deep end 2 to me?!

Philosopher's Corner = Deep End minus the politics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users