Is it right to poke fun at Christianity?

95 replies to this topic

#26 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:03

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 29 May 2007, 11:21, said:

We had a Muslim Artist in India making nude painting of Hindu goddess the guy barely got into trouble but if a Hindu had painted Mohamed naked

And nobody prevent Buddhists to not warn that artist who did this painting .

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 29 May 2007, 11:21, said:

forget naked if he would have just made a illustration of Mohamed as a normal guy

That shows how much we respect to our holy figures , nobody can't judge this .

However ; you can sure judge the one who kill the insulter . But you can't judge the one who warn the insulter and being sensitive about holy figures .

View PostCodeCat, on 29 May 2007, 15:55, said:

As long as you have a right to not tolerate ridicule, we have the right to ridicule you. It goes both ways, really.

Just what type logic you have ? I not tolerance insult againist my religion and will not insult anyone's religion , just because I am intolerant about insults doesn't give you a right to insult me even more.

Edited by General, 30 May 2007 - 06:04.

#27 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:15

I'm a Christian but what the hell ever happened to Seperation of Church and State? If I post a picture of Muhammad and get assaulted for it, the one who attacked me was in the wrong, but you can be damn sure that I would get no support...

#28 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:15

And nobody prevent Buddhists to not warn that artist who did this painting .

How did buddha get involved here? You do know that Buddhism and Hinduism are two different religion?

And Hindus did protest but not by threatening means like blowing him up or threatening to decapitate his head. they went to court and did everything in a civil manner.

That shows how much we respect to our holy figures , nobody can't judge this .

It was an illustration of double standards. Muslims have been getting away with being extremist in other nations but if the same act done by someone else would result in far more harsher consequences for that non Muslim person. Muslims should just get out of their Victim Complex mentality because right now they are no the Victims and for the most part it is the majority that is suffering.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#29 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:53

You can't judge someone who think he is a victim because the high pressure on him .

#30 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:20

If that pressure is self-inflicted, one can.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#31 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:20

The pressure is in the OTHER direction. Some Muslims take advantage of the media portraying them as the victims, or as the "radicals".

Posted Image

#32 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 30 May 2007 - 18:07

Actually I know a few Muslims and they are hella tight people. They know I'm a Christian and I know they are Muslims. So what? I can't make them believe what I believe! That's against my religion. They know that because I've told them. We get along just fine. Our religions don't keep us from having fun because we both know about the importance of religion to each other. Does the fact they believe in Muhammad and I don't keep us from being freinds? No. Why not? Because a decision is a decision. To decide where you fall on the religious world map is very big decision for any person, and although I do not believe what they do, I do believe in them. I believe they are my friends. And religion cannot blot that out under any circumstance.
Remember me? You old timers?

#33 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 18:26

You mean it shouldn't. But it does and that irritates me. Mutual Respect must exist, so if I'm not going to make an image of Muhammad, don't condone the creation of derogatory pictures of Christ either. I mean hell, that's just wrong.

#34 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 30 May 2007 - 18:28

Hm. Who actually did that derogatory pic of Christ?

#35 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 18:30

I doubt a Muslim, but does it matter who?

If it is to be tolerated, why can't the same guy draw a picture of Muhammad and have it tolerated?

#36 Dr HaxX

Remorseful Assassin

• 1070 posts
  • Projects: Eden Site; Summit Site

Posted 30 May 2007 - 19:05

I didn't say I approved of the patronization of my religion.
Remember me? You old timers?

#37 Ektufall

Archiver / Dream addict

• 741 posts
  • Projects: Going nowhere slow ... With one more cup of tea

Posted 30 May 2007 - 21:00

View Postretry_1, on 29 May 2007, 02:27, said:

a man denies a woman a job he's sexist
a woman denies a man a job, she's doing what's best
a white guy makes fun of a black guy, he's racist
a black guy makes fun of a white guy, it was just a joke
a Christan pokes fun at anyone, they are close minded people who don't respect anyone
anyone pokes fun at a Christian, they're funny

that's just how sucky the world is...

True words mate ,there is no tolerance no equality . Even if it is so over discused there is only more rights from one sociaty group on other .. And nothing else . There is no democracy as pure concept from greek and we are not philosofers ,just close minded canibals with big ego :lol:

Edited by Ektufall, 30 May 2007 - 21:01.

If you have something to contribute for the Shockwave archive please share or point me to it !
Posted Image
[indent][indent] [/indent][/indent]Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd greatest gratitude goes for Kid and Sic ! ;)

#38 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:10

We must not tolerate such things. Take action and feel free to speak your mind. Don't close up because of the almighty term: Political Correctness. Go against that crap and maybe others will catch on.

#39 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:34

View PostSolo Wing, on 31 May 2007, 11:10, said:

We must not tolerate such things. Take action and feel free to speak your mind. Don't close up because of the almighty term: Political Correctness. Go against that crap and maybe others will catch on.

Political Correctness is a tool which the weak use to gain power over the strong, and a tool which has been mightily abused these days, and unfortunately people get confused and fail to see that Political Correctness != Fairness.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#40 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:40

View PostSolo Wing, on 30 May 2007, 19:30, said:

Let me remind you Jesus respected by Muslims aswell , those who not respect Him is not 'real' muslim .

And yes it does matter who do it . Lets give an example :

Me says : * Dead to Americans *

Bush says : * Dead to Americans *

surely it depends .

#41 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:00

Let me remind you Jesus respected by Muslims aswell , those who not respect Him is not 'real' muslim .

And therin lies the problem. Lets make an assumption that I live by:

God Exists, regardless of faith.

Does God have my respect? No.

Do I respect others for their faith in God? Yes.

Do *ALL* others respect me despite having no respect for God? No.

I do not question others beliefs, but my beliefs are questioned by others.

Edited by Commander Abs, 31 May 2007 - 06:01.

Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#42 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:03

View Postretry_1, on 28 May 2007, 20:27, said:

a man denies a woman a job he's sexist
a woman denies a man a job, she's doing what's best
a white guy makes fun of a black guy, he's racist
a black guy makes fun of a white guy, it was just a joke
a Christan pokes fun at anyone, they are close minded people who don't respect anyone
anyone pokes fun at a Christian, they're funny

that's just how sucky the world is...

And it will just keep getting worse. I wish I could speak out my opinions on this matter publicly but that's basically having a death wish.
Posted Image

#43 Ektufall

Archiver / Dream addict

• 741 posts
  • Projects: Going nowhere slow ... With one more cup of tea

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:42

View PostSolo Wing, on 31 May 2007, 04:10, said:

But maybe the turncoats will linch you like in all propagands this world had experienced ,very few unitys have survived whitout dividing in more cells/groups who makes blaming each other for minor things althought once they were united. Very few times it is worth the effort of doing so . But still there is no real need to spit on other just for silly or minor things that is just lame . As in my nations history is shown the lesson: take steps only when some bastard is invading your homeland even if they outnumber you . - Thats only situation I will take action ,the free speach is so relative so no need to cover behind that :/

Edited by Ektufall, 31 May 2007 - 10:55.

If you have something to contribute for the Shockwave archive please share or point me to it !
Posted Image
[indent][indent] [/indent][/indent]Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd greatest gratitude goes for Kid and Sic ! ;)

#44 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 31 May 2007 - 15:28

I wish I could speak out my opinions on this matter publicly but that's basically having a death wish.

How so?

Sorry but I'm not 100% in my knowledge of things.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#45 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 16:00

Because if you a german philospher proved the christian god didn't exist in germany in the 1600's (it was an 800 page proof). do that today to the Muslim God (Allah) in Saudi Arabia/Iran/Afganistan/Jordan/Syria etc and you will be executed for herasey.

The Islamic church is the Islamic state and that means that any State that is Islamic removed the right to free thought for anyone in the State.

The only reason Turkey is Secular is becuase the army forces it.

@General, Islam deserves respect, but i bet you dont like the idea of me saying "Respect my choice to be an Atheist" I bet deep in your mind/heart/soul you think less of me for being Atheist.

I don't think less of you, i'm terrified by what your beliefs mean if you ruled a country but you are still a human, even if not free thinking

#46 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 16:42

Quran says not to trust or befriend with atheists, so...
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#47 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 31 May 2007 - 16:45

...? No specific orders like maim or kill or etc. either.

#48 retry_1

sniper extrordanare

• 2591 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 16:55

View PostGeneral, on 31 May 2007, 01:40, said:

View PostSolo Wing, on 30 May 2007, 19:30, said:

And yes it does matter who do it . Lets give an example :

Me says : * Dead to Americans *

Bush says : * Dead to Americans *

surely it depends .

what the fuck
when did America come into this?
it is religion we're talking about not the US
but anyway: you'd both be shot by some overpatriotic redneck

Edited by retry_1, 31 May 2007 - 16:56.

Sig and avy by yours truly
Posted Image

#49 Prophet of the Pimps

Masters of Booty Strike Force

• Gold Member
  • 11369 posts
  • Projects: ShockWave

Posted 31 May 2007 - 22:15

View PostWaris, on 30 May 2007, 23:58, said:

Get a Saudi Daily new paper. you are bound to see a pic making fun of atlest one religion or the other.
Never underestimate a Resourceful Idiot
Posted Image

#50 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:51

View PostProphet of the Pimps, on 31 May 2007, 23:15, said:

View PostWaris, on 30 May 2007, 23:58, said:

Get a Saudi Daily new paper. you are bound to see a pic making fun of atlest one religion or the other.

And did I applaud this ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users