Is it right to poke fun at Christianity?

95 replies to this topic

#51 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 15:01

i cant help but see islam as a religon bent on spreading islam around the world useing whatever means be that killing, fear whatever.

i know that sounds bad and that MOST muslims would say i was wong (or atlest i would hope they would say i was wrong) but thats really all im seeing of this religon, alot of anger and frustration (usually self inflicted) and no one to blame it on but the infidels.
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#52 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 15:33

So you want me to respect what you say now ? Ok than lets say I respect . I respect your opinion on that matter .

#53 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 16:08

But I don't.

Islam is just a religion with different beliefs. Some extremists put it down as a scapegoat.

#54 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 18:54

Or you mean freedom fighters use it as a moral boost.....
Posted Image

#55 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:20

i know im not discussing what the latest posts are saying but....

the think about a un equality with racisim eg white guy pokes fun at black guy = racist, vice versa = just a joke. i ask you this: what is the ratio of white to black in high roller/ hihj end jobs? pertty high on the white guy side i think, how about ratio of blacks to whites in slums or poor housing pretty high on the blacks im sorry to say.

and on the relion note, christianity works completely differently to islam

1. islam is quite a few thousand years younger and has not had time to "mature" (in a non critizism way) christanity back in the middle ages killed people for blespheming etc.

2. islam belives the qur'an (cant spell) is the exact word of Allah through muhammad and it cannot be wrong. because of this they have much more strict practices adn defacing muhammad is defacing their religion which is defacing allah.

3. also in islam 95% of muslims follow the 5 pillars of islam there is no devation like in christianity so there is no new ideas.

imho i dont like the fact we have to be very careful what we say all the time, hell im scared of saying the word muslims in front of the islamic kid in my RE class let alone giving it some fair critizism, BUT i know on average i will get paid a WHOLE lot more than any black person or muslim,
unfortunaly.

Edited by cozmoisme, 01 June 2007 - 21:21.

VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

View Postcozmoisme, on 21 Jun 2007, 18:19, said:

AHHH MY WANG IS A IN CAR DOOR, I CAN FEEL EVERY THING!!!!

#56 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:23

That is bullshit about blacks making less than whites.

You must consider that there are a lot more whites in the US and Europe than blacks, therefore, rationally, there will be more with higher paying jobs.

And yes, I hate having to watch what I say all the time too.

#57 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:25

im sorry to say but people of a differnt enthic back ground will not ON AVERAGE make more than a white person, im saying ON AVERAGE.
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#58 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:43

Because on average, there are more of the majority than the minority...

#59 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:45

per person not as a whole.
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#60 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:54

May I question where you are getting your statistics?

And enough of the off topic stuff. I just want to say that the minority needn't rule, because then its only best for the minority.

#61 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 21:55

oh so the majority should rule because it is best for them?
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#62 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:03

Isn't that how democracy works?

#63 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:05

thats not the argument here....
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#64 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:06

But the ideals apply don't they? Because Christianity is the big, bad religion, everyone can mock it? But the smaller ones get off as the victims?

#65 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:08

christianity is just more tollerent of critizism
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#66 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:32

So you're saying that since Christians don't lash out in protest when they are mocked and insulted, it's all of a sudden a good thing, or just fine to mock them? On the other hand, if we mock Islam, we may as well be arrested.

Your argument seems to have no basis.

~V.

Edited by Vaughan, 01 June 2007 - 22:32.

Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

#67 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 22:36

im not saying anything is right; your drawing your own ideas from my 7 words. and i have explained the reasoning (imo) behind the muslim reaction to critizim/mockery. also im not denying the double standard in most contries.
VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#68 Commander Abs

Professional

• 398 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 23:00

Tangent: Look at south africa (specific parts of the nation). Over there, white people are treated like black people are in america because white are the minority.

On another aside, Christian society is *not* more tolerant. In western society, Christianity is the dominant religion, and as such, has more power over societial trends, government (Yes, people would *like* to think there was separation of state and church, but in some issues there isn't) and anything important to them.

Think about it like a 1v1 in a computer game. If you're the more dominant player and your opponent starts to flame you,, you dont really flame back. because you know you'll show them better by defeating them. But if you're playing a game and your opponent who has the upper hand starts flaming you,, you'll probably flame back.
Heh,, anyone would think I like US sides,,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ailestrike said:

"WITH THE POWER OF THE MELON MY MY HEAD I WILL DEFEAT YOU! GREEEEN MELLLLLLLLOOOONNN!"

#69 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 23:07

On another aside, Christian society is *not* more tolerant. In western society, Christianity is the dominant religion, and as such, has more power over societial trends, government (Yes, people would *like* to think there was separation of state and church, but in some issues there isn't) and anything important to them.

first off let keep politics out of this ( thats why the deep end was shut) second of all the church only has power over its followers, i do nothing the catholic church says, i use condoms, i dont go t mass most days. the christian church has as much power over its followers as the islam does over its, maybe less since there are all the different denomnations with the differnt teachings and worship styles.. but i grant you there are many more christians than muslims in the western world. the promblem arises when the leader of sed contry *America* is devoted to any of these religions, but i wont go on since that is politics again.

Edited by cozmoisme, 01 June 2007 - 23:09.

VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#70 Rumpullpus

Fighter Ace

• 2226 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:09

View Postcozmoisme, on 1 Jun 2007, 23:07, said:

first off let keep politics out of this ( thats why the deep end was shut)

little off topic but personally i love the politics :D

i use condoms....

i dont know about your church but mine would love to see you use condoms ( its much better then abortion and cheaper too)

but i grant you there are many more christians than muslims in the western world.

that seems to be changing very quickly (who can blame them i wouldnt want to live in the middle east ether XD)

the promblem arises when the leader of sed contry *America* is devoted to any of these religions, but i wont go on since that is politics again.

errrrr how do you see that? is it because we have the presidents swear on a bible? because that doesnt have anything to do with religon (and i dont think anyone from america complains about it ether :D )
another great sig from cattman
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of people play as USA or China. If you are part of the 8% that plays as the GLA then put this in your signature.
you cant kill what you cant see :p

#71 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:03

View PostSolo Wing, on 1 Jun 2007, 22:23, said:

And yes, I hate having to watch what I say all the time too.

If everyone started to think before talking non-stop , everything will be better trust me .

#72 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:05

I'd hate to be Jesus. I'd much rather be the Devil. Because then I wouldn't have to feel the shame of people doing everything, both good and horrible, in my name. If I were the Devil, practically everyone would hate me but there's a sort of honesty to it.

#73 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:14

If you feel like you want to be the Devil , lol I can't say anything againist it :D Go on XD

#74 Cozmo

ZOMG..... A MOUNT!!!

• 1025 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:59

the promblem arises when the leader of sed contry *America* is devoted to any of these religions, but i wont go on since that is politics again.

errrrr how do you see that? is it because we have the presidents swear on a bible? because that doesnt have anything to do with religon (and i dont think anyone from america complains about it ether :D )

the problem is that christianity is 100% dominant in the usa (im not american) and as far as i know it is even taught in schools. thats the problem i think. also i feel a person needs to discover a religion on their own and it shoulden't be forced upon them.

oh and the roman catholic church bans all contraception execpt the " rythem theory. if you dont know what is look it up. but belive me it is not reliable.

Edited by cozmoisme, 02 June 2007 - 09:00.

VIST www.swcruise.co.uk
Posted Image

#75 Vaughan

Professional

• 390 posts
  • Projects: Resident Knicker.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 15:51

Cozmoisme, I hate to sound rude, but if you don't live in america, then please do not assume what you hear is true.
You can't say that since Bush is a Christian, that everyone in America is.

Christianity is NOT 100% dominant in America, you can get expelled from school for bringing a Bible, teachers are fired for disagreeing with the "Theory" of Evolution, students are given negative scores for refusing to state that the "Theory" is quite Scientific Fact. Reading a Bible in school, during class or not, is nearly against the very rules.

Teachers teach their classes the "folly and foolishness" of Christianity, making every attempt to prove that there is no God, you'll be looked down upon and given bad grades for disagreeing.

You can't assume what you hear is true, especially if you don't even live in America.

~V.
Posted Image

-Tha' rewf iz awn fiyah-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users