Pagan Metal War

#27 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 02 September 2007 - 17:01

Europe is a continent, not a country.

That's why people refer to the EU (European Union)
Posted Image

#28 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts
  • Projects: Time of War; Nuclear Winter Project

Posted 02 September 2007 - 17:38

That's why people refer to the EU (European Union)

Current European Union is political and economical organization, not military. More correctly call european military power as NATO...

Right, ok... Can you call any mod with noramal realistic Russia with prototype equipment? This leaves some piece of originality for my mod :P)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#29 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 02 September 2007 - 17:40

Exept of the Neurton bombs, the Sunlight strike, the Manticore and the ADS, Rise of Europe.

#30 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 02 September 2007 - 17:41

Lots of people tried 'normal' and failed. And a normal realistic side isn't exactly original. I dunno, just be loose and try more stuff than what is being done today.

Edited by Vengence, 02 September 2007 - 17:42.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#31 Crazykenny

Eternal Glow

• Project Team
  • 7683 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 17:58

Awesome models :P
Posted Image

#32 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 18:18

Awesome models

Thank you :P

Lots of people tried 'normal' and failed. And a normal realistic side isn't exactly original. I dunno, just be loose and try more stuff than what is being done today.

How much i must repeat that here will be real combat systems, but which are currently in development (T-95, FCS program, Black Widow etc). :minigunner: So experimental tech, like Russian combat lasers and plasma anti-missile defense (it is true, it is REAL projects of Russian Army), American Hafnium bombs... No one mod there you can find this... A little piece of originality, as i say. A little, but enough to be allocated from another.

Sorry again because of my bad english :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#33 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 18:21

And I say it again, I think there was a mod, maybe several, that was doing the same thing. Not sure if they are alive. FCS, prototype stuff. Your not exactly the first to do it. Do it if you want.

Edited by Vengence, 02 September 2007 - 18:22.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:53

Why don't people try coming up with original stuff, hell, for Modern War (I don't care if you're using FCS/prototypes or not, if you use the same ol' factions and equipment its still modern war). Not to talk down MW projects, hell if you can come up with a decent storym then by all meens, go for it. But what I don't get is why noone ever touchs things like the Pacific Campaigns of WW2, the Korean War, or just try to come up with something unique like Vengence with his mod. While I'm still scratching my head as to how to understand half of the C&C3 SDK, I'm sure the limitations are only our imaginations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#35 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:12

True, I don't recall any mods about the Korean War though I heard that the air combat was particularly intense during that war. It'd be a bit of a let down if runways can't be made.

One reason why original mods are highly rare is because they require good artists, good imagination, and hard work and time. Though you may not know it, I have been working on my mod since 2004. That is a long time. I have developed each faction to almost every little detail I can think of besides what they eat: Personalities, politics, ideals, and psychology. And the thriving motive behind my project is utter and complete originality in almost everything. I avoided stereotypical factions as much as I could and developed a completely unique story by myself and a few close friends. It isn't made any easier considering I have done a complete reworking of everything the mod once was.

Basically being original can have its benefits as long as you strive for it.

Edited by Vengence, 03 September 2007 - 03:35.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 13:54

True, I don't recall any mods about the Korean War though I heard that the air combat was particularly intense during that war. It'd be a bit of a let down if runways can't be made.

Sorry, I can't find anything interesting in Korean War...

One reason why original mods are highly rare is because they require good artists, good imagination, and hard work and time.

Actually, 'fantasy', unrealistic vehicles are much easier to modelling and skinning (because you mustn't repeat any part of real prototype using blueprints etc).

P.S. A little update (FCS programm) :

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yes I know that NLOS-C looks undetalized, but I don't know what is need to add... Really, nothing if believe to official U.S. Army pics :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#37 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 14:16

You got the armor of the first 2 vehicles from the A8 Tiger :P Look cool :=)

#38 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 14:34

Actually, it is based on armor of M7A1 Ike from Alliance: Future Combat :P

Of course, real FCS vehicles don't use such armor, but i think that it looks better and... more futuristic, maybe.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#39 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 14:38

View PostRot Front, on 6 Sep 2007, 9:54, said:

One reason why original mods are highly rare is because they require good artists, good imagination, and hard work and time.

Actually, 'fantasy', unrealistic vehicles are much easier to modelling and skinning (because you mustn't repeat any part of real prototype using blueprints etc).

uh you never had to draw dozens of concept art for your new vehicle, toss them all away, redraw redraw, rethink, reimagine, redesign, and finalize the design. You never had to find references to real stuff to draw inspiration and mix and match, you never had to find concepts or ideas since they already exist. Modeling is another matter and technically using already existing blueprints is easier since they are already put in orthographic style. I cannot draw accurate orthographic views so I have to model using images from the drawings I make and a 3d image in my head. You have it easy.

Btw, you may want to give the NLOS cannon the Excalibur experimental shell. It can home into targets.
Excalibur

Edited by Vengence, 06 September 2007 - 14:46.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Jonny_Orange

Regular

• 163 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 14:48

nice models :P
Posted Image
Posted Image :D

#41 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 15:05

uh you never had to draw dozens of concept art for your new vehicle, toss them all away, redraw redraw, rethink, reimagine, redesign, and finalize the design. You never had to find references to real stuff to draw inspiration and mix and match, you never had to find concepts or ideas since they already exist. Modeling is another matter and technically using already existing blueprints is easier since they are already put in orthographic style. I cannot draw accurate orthographic views so I have to model using images from the drawings I make and a 3d image in my head. You have it easy.

No, i did this. Of course, not dozens of concept-arts, for me usually 3-4 is enough to find optimal (in my opinion) design.
As for me, modelling with concept-arts is easier because mistakes isn't so important. If I model using the blueprints, i try to do vehicle so authentic as it is possible to low-poly. For example, look at my BMP-3 or Black Eagle (but really, for Black Eagle i haven't blueprints, just a few photos :( )

Btw, you may want to give the NLOS cannon the Excalibur experimental shell. It can home into targets.

Good idea, but now I'm trying to decide - give 'Krosnopol-M' guided shells to Russian 'Koalitziya-SV' howitzer or 'Excalibur' for NLOS-C. I want make even similar class units so different as it is possible.

But... Yes, really, let NLOS-C launches guided shells, 'Koalitziaya' is already too strong - it is double-barreled, so it have very fast fire rate (~16-20 shots per minute) it have superiority in range (~60 km) etc...
Posted Image
This is a prototype. Serial vehicle will be based on T-95 chassis (it will gain it's speed up to 100 km per hour!)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#42 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 15:09

Thats gotta be the first double barreled tank I have seen yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 06 September 2007 - 15:15

Actually it's an artillery.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#44 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 16:18

I know but tank is quite a broad category to me. In mine it really more or less stretches into anything with a big gun and treads really.

Edited by Vengence, 06 September 2007 - 16:19.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 16:49

I know but tank is quite a broad category to me. In mine it really more or less stretches into anything with a big gun and treads really.

Well, tank have the strict defenition as 'multipurpose tracked combat vehicle'...

By the way, this is the first double-barreled SPA.

Single double-barreled tank what was exist was 'Hunter', developed in 60s but it was only a prototype [unfortunately, no photo aviliable]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#46 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 17:12

What about that concept German tank that had like 2 battleship cannons, and 1 120mm cannon, and AA guns?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 17:19

IIRC the P-1000 Landkreutzer

Posted Image

#48 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 18:00

...Also known as Pz.1000 Ratte. But it wasn't exist - only turret was constructed before the end of war. If talk about concept projects - Russia have top-secret concept of 'Molot' double-barreled MBT. I don't know is it true or speculation, but I heard about this.

P.s. If talk abot double-cannon MBT, I can say that in this category gets German WWII-time Maus ultra heavy tank (128 and 75 mm cannon), French AMX-30 (105 and co-axial 30-mm autocannon), Soviet OT-55 (100-mm cannon and co-axial flamethrower) etc...
In 30s in USSR was muti-turreted tanks (2 turrets on T-100, 3 turrets on T-28, 5 turrets on T-35 and even 7 (!) turrets on T-39). In 1935 year B-1 French tank was 75-mm cannon in chassis and 47-mm in turret... I can continue. But wasn't anyone tank where was 2 guns with same calibre (Mammoth-looking :P)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#49 Judgement

Demon of the Fall

• 2330 posts
  • Projects: Same old shit different pile.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 20:33

This is an interesting mod you got going on.
But personally the USA, Russia and EU feel is getting old. Not to say that this mod will be the same but games might be discouraged just because you are using those sides, and many people have already used them.

Ill wait a bit and see how progress goes before I judge it completly.

Good so far :P

O and believe it or not but it is alot harder to make a vehicle that isnt based on real world.
I know since I have been doing it for a while. And everytime I make one, I try and make it not relate to anything in the real world.
It gives me a greater sense of satisfaction since I know its not based on anything and that I came up with it.
plus overall, you have more freedom as to how you want it to look and act.

Edited by Judgement, 06 September 2007 - 20:35.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 22:31

Thats how I feel. Sorry to say but I am quite critical of things if they have this 'old' feeling. Just keep going and we'll see.

Edited by Vengence, 07 September 2007 - 09:35.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users