Time of War

169 replies to this topic

#51 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:04

I see the MSTA-S in here, and the way you, Rot Front, mentioned it, I can't help but wonder:

Are you able to tell us if you're going to include it in the mod? If you aren't able to, I understand.

Regards,

Nuker
Posted Image

#52 Waris

Endless Sip

• Gold Member
  • 7458 posts
  • Projects: The End of Days, DTU Donutin Council Co-Chairman

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:29

Awesome models I hav to say.

#53 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts
  • Projects: Time of War; Nuclear Winter Project

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:08

I see the MSTA-S in here, and the way you, Rot Front, mentioned it, I can't help but wonder:

This is NOT Msta-S, this is Koalitziya-SV. It looks like Msta, but it is not based on it. It have 2 barrels (i think you can see it :P), and absolutely new reloading and fire-control system. Msta-looking vehicle is just a prototype, serial Koalitziya-SV ('Коалиция-СВ') will be on T-95 perspective tank chassis.

Are you able to tell us if you're going to include it in the mod?

Of course, this vehicle will be included, but i can't show a model because it is not done yet, sorry

But personally the USA, Russia and EU feel is getting old. Not to say that this mod will be the same but games might be discouraged just because you are using those sides, and many people have already used them.

Include another sides? But most of advanced world's equipment are producing by Russia, USA and Europe. If I make other countries, they will use the same vehicles... Of course, China, SAR, Japan, Iran have their own samples of vehicles, but China is very overused, and other listed countries aren't superpowers.

Awesome models I hav to say.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#54 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 13:30

for a faction to be "overused" it needs to be used atleast 50 times. The US, UK, Germany, USSR/Russia, and even France (Leclerc is often used in mods that include NATO, which is a french built tank) are all prime examples. And last I checked, besides 3 games (BF2, Generals, and Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction), I've never seen China used as a faction in any mod, hell, not to long ago they put a nuclear powered sub to sea thats reportedly comperable to our Sea Wolf class, and making matters worse, is they may also be building an SSBN (for those of NOT familier with naval terminolagy, thats a Boomer, AKA a Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine). The WZ-10 (Z-10 in BF2) is comparable to our AH-1Z, or maybe even the Apache. You have to look far and wide to find factions that have never been used before, or, better yet, CREATE YOUR OWN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dauth edit: Sig removed for height violation.

#55 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 14:21

And last I checked, besides 3 games (BF2, Generals, and Mercinaries: Playground of Destruction), I've never seen China used as a faction in any mod,

At first, I just don't like China vehicles... And, China will be in Real War Mod. We have agreed to liquidate most of similarities. And their team says that it will be the first mod with realistic China, so why i must copy their ideas?

I've never seen China used as a faction in any mod, hell, not to long ago they put a nuclear powered sub to sea thats reportedly comperable to our Sea Wolf class, and making matters worse, is they may also be building an SSBN (for those of NOT familier with naval terminolagy, thats a Boomer, AKA a Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine). The WZ-10 (Z-10 in BF2) is comparable to our AH-1Z, or maybe even the Apache.

What from it? I'm already decided to include Russia to my mod. China and Russia uses similar 'soviet-school' tactics, but Russian weaponry just better. Actually, Chineese unique noteworthy vehicle is ZTZ-99, but it is very high upgrade of Russian T-72...

P.s. WZ-10 isn't exist. It is only propaganda. As Chineese sources informed, it is based (it would be based, if it exists) on South-African CSH-2 Rooivalk. IMHO it is incorrect to compare so diffirent helicopters as Apache and CSH-2. Apache can be compared with Mi-28N (but Mi-28N is cooler :P), but it is Russian.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#56 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 08 September 2007 - 16:39

Dude the WZ-10 does exist and China has some pretty cool stuff that they made them selfs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#57 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 17:09

"Know thi enemy, Know thi self, and you shall always achieve victory" = some chinese philosapher whose name currently escapes me.
"Know your foe!" = Starship Troopers

I spent time in the US army, and although I was just a grunt, I studied what I'd likely face in combat so I'm pretty sure I know what the hell I'm talking about when I point things out to you peeps. I know this, if you don't get familourized with both your gear, and the gear of your enemies, you don't have a prayer of achieving victory. (since you one can easily mix up a Bradley for a Scorpion, or Warrior IFV if not propperly trained in what they look like, and don't say it can't happon because it did, and still does more then you know.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 18:05

some chinese philosapher whose name currently escapes me.

Soun Tzi, if i don't mistake

I spent time in the US army

US Army sucks. America has not won any war for all XX century, except for war with Phillipines in 1901... LOL

since you one can easily mix up a Bradley for a Scorpion, or Warrior IFV if not propperly trained in what they look like, and don't say it can't happon because it did, and still does more then you know

Believe, i can't mix up this vehicles :P They looks too different. And i think that YOU will mix up T-64B and T-80BV. As all conflicts started by stupid americans (Why your nation is the most stupid in the world? Answer is simple - zombies are easy to control) showed - american vehicles are weak and unreliable.

I ask you as the American, it is not a shame to you with your country? Aren't you shame for thousands of killed Serbian, Vietnameese or Iraqi civilians? Aren't you shame for that 20% of american school graduates, which are not able to write and read? Aren't you shame for fact of that I.Q. of americans is lowest in the world? I can continue... Of course, you can't understand concepts of honour and mercy by your stupid little american brain.
I think, your government eulogizes itself, and forgot to add that external duty of USA in 30 times exceeds gross national product... Of course, and, of course about tortures of P.O.Ws... Yes, it is so democratic... For me already the word 'democracy' become a synonym of unscrupulousness and meanness.

Hearts of millions of free (still 'udemocratizated'... because wee don't need your dirty values!) peoples are inverted to God in one prayful impulse with hope to finish with hegemony of the tyrant of global scale - the USA.
Nothing personal - I did not aim to offend you personally. I just ascertain the facts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#59 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts
  • Projects: Silent Dawn VI: The Dark Return, Sigma Invasion

Posted 08 September 2007 - 18:52

View PostRot Front, on 8 Sep 2007, 6:08, said:

But personally the USA, Russia and EU feel is getting old. Not to say that this mod will be the same but games might be discouraged just because you are using those sides, and many people have already used them.

Include another sides? But most of advanced world's equipment are producing by Russia, USA and Europe. If I make other countries, they will use the same vehicles... Of course, China, SAR, Japan, Iran have their own samples of vehicles, but China is very overused, and other listed countries aren't superpowers.

Why? Why cannot people realize this? Sure enough because they are LARGE nations and alliances, and they are very well known and show off their weapons alot. However you have forgotten one small nation that is a prime example of mod material:

South Korea is one of the world's most technologically advanced countries and has a army of 5 million with 600,000 active. They are among the top 10 in GDP and a leading exporter of electronics. Their K1 tank alone was competent but the K1A1 can easily match any other tank the other nations have. Worse yet is their prototype Black Panther tank. It can reach a speed of 70kph, and it can reach 32kph in 7 seconds! It can easily match an Abram's depleted uranium armor WITHOUT the depleted uranium and weighs much less, about 10-20 tons less. The Black Panther features a advanced autoloader that can fire 15 rounds a minute. That is one round every 4 seconds compared to soviet era auto loaders which are 1 per 10 seconds. They have the second larges marine corps in the world who are legendary in Vietnam for their skill. They have been known as the Demon Hunters in Vietnam and the Communists actually shunned combat against the Korean Marine Corps. And every marine are well trained in martial arts. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if their army did the same. And did you know that South Korea also has the world's largest ship building industry? They even have a pretty good navy and are readying to become a blue water navy in the coming years. They have participated in every war with America for over 50 years too.

Do I have to explain more?

And please don't stereotype Americans. Not everyone is a stupid American Zombie of the Stupid Public. To be honest, I feel totally insulted. Yeh yeh, I know about the stupid literacy problem but that is because teachers go by this thing of non discrimination when it comes to that. Don't go and insulting people even if it is not personal. It is a prime recipe for doom, even if it is facts. Especially the 'smart' americans that visit these forums.

Edited by Vengence, 08 September 2007 - 19:02.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Friends look out for one another

#60 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 19:04

Cool, I was aware of the K1, but that rest is new to me, thanks Vengence I now know more about North and South Korea :loels: .
Posted ImagePosted Image

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#61 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 19:14

Well not NORTH Korea. They still use some older Russian weapons. I read that they tried upgrading but cannot match the South Korean's superior weapons sometimes. But North Korea has far more troops as well. S Korea has 600 planes (many are American imports) while N Korea has 300 more but are older generation.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 19:18

Why? Why cannot people realize this? Sure enough because they are LARGE nations and alliances, and they are very well known and show off their weapons alot. However you have forgotten one small nation that is a prime example of mod material:

It's a good idea, but conception of my mod is already determined and the certain volume of models is done. I don't want to redo something. If I add South Korea, I must North Korea to adhere the start of war to storyline...

K-2 Black Panther already isn't prototype, it is in service. But its technical parameters don't really impress me - most of modern Russian tanks are more strong. K-2 is just a good tank, and nothing more.

And please don't stereotype Americans. Not everyone is a stupid American Zombie of the Stupid Public.

Can you answer a simple question: Aren't you shame about your country? About stupidness of most Americans, about war crimes of US Army?

To be honest, I feel totally insulted.

At last my insults have conceived an action. Pleases, that to sort of west man from country with 'real democracy' the feeling of patriotism is inherent In the certain quality... But I doubt that it goes from your soul, not from every-day propaganda and washing of brains.
Try to reflect - are you capablr to die for your country? Can you rush with grenade under enemy tank? ...Just try to think. Fairly and take your time with the answer. I haven't insult you as my goal, i'm just ascertain the facts. Nothing personal, as usual.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#63 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 19:47

View PostRot Front, on 8 Sep 2007, 15:18, said:

It's a good idea, but conception of my mod is already determined and the certain volume of models is done. I don't want to redo something. If I add South Korea, I must North Korea to adhere the start of war to storyline...

K-2 Black Panther already isn't prototype, it is in service. But its technical parameters don't really impress me - most of modern Russian tanks are more strong. K-2 is just a good tank, and nothing more.

Well what about the Leopard 2A6M or Challenger 2 or M1A2? Do they surpass modern russian tanks in your opinion?

I'm curious to see what you think :loels: .

Edited by Soul, 08 September 2007 - 19:47.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 19:53

View PostRot Front, on 8 Sep 2007, 15:18, said:

Can you answer a simple question: Aren't you shame about your country? About stupidness of most Americans, about war crimes of US Army?

I don't think about it often. Yep, I am ashamed of quite a few stupid people. And I am ashamed that a school will allow a mentally retarded or rather brain dead person in a wheel chair that cannot understand, talk, or even communicate to graduate from high school other than stupid. I don't know any war crimes other than the prison we have but I understand that but I don't go into it. America has its problems but not everyone is an idiot or a coward.

At last my insults have conceived an action. Pleases, that to sort of west man from country with 'real democracy' the feeling of patriotism is inherent In the certain quality... But I doubt that it goes from your soul, not from every-day propaganda and washing of brains.
Try to reflect - are you capablr to die for your country? Can you rush with grenade under enemy tank? ...Just try to think. Fairly and take your time with the answer. I haven't insult you as my goal, i'm just ascertain the facts. Nothing personal, as usual.

Is that what makes you so proud of yourself?

Edited by Vengence, 08 September 2007 - 19:59.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:03

Well what about the Leopard 2A6M or Challenger 2 or M1A2? Do they surpass modern russian tanks in your opinion?

I think these tanks can be compared with Russian T-80A series (U, UK, UE, UM models), last modifications of T-72 (BU, BM, M1) and T-90.
Russian tanks have many conclusive advantages:
1)Autoloader (it is much effenctive than manual loading of west tanks)
2)KUVT (Kompleks Upravlyaemogo Vooruzheniya Tanka) = Guided Weapon of Tank Complex. It is a laser-guided missile which launches from the barrel. It can destroy any tank of NATO on 5 km range. (Newest T-95 tank have KUVT fires to 12 km).
3)VDZ = ERA. I think you know what it is...
4)Active defense system. Actually, it is not placed on every tank, but in guard tank batallions are. 'Arena' is the system which detects flying in missile and launches special cluster grenades to intercept it.
5)Light weight which provides higher mobility
6)Russian tank aren't so expensive (excluding the T-80)

I don't speak about newest Russian vehicles, such as Black Eagle and T-95 ('stealth' technology, 135/152-mm cannons, guided shells, laser defense systems, speed up to 100 km per hour, etc). Comparing them with M1A2 or Challendger is incorrect - it is different generations.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#66 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:10

I thought you were doing all this 'next generation' FCS stuff so why do you even compare the old stuff.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:14

Is that what makes you so proud of yourself?

I'm not really proud of MYSELF, despite of usual inteilligence superiority over americans. Just because is americans is the stupidest nation in the world (of course, there are clever and wise americans too, but this is only exception, which confirms the rule).
I'm proud of my nation with great history and culture (America have neither heroic history, nor rich culture), I'm proud of my Mother Russia, whose part I am. To Russian the feeling of fear is not conducted. I am morally ready to die for the Fatherland. It is not mere words. For my people, for my ancestors die in fight was the greatest honour.

I thought you were doing all this 'next generation' FCS stuff so why do you even compare the old stuff.

FCS is light type of vehicles, so the can't be compared to Black Eagle and T-95 too.
May be, FMBT... But it just a prototype and it is meanwhile unarmed. But I'm not beleve in superiority of railgun over conventional tank guns. I think, Black Eagle has an analogy as Leopard Step-3, but this tank isn't exist yet - it is only a project.

Edited by Rot Front, 08 September 2007 - 20:19.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#68 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:18

So what's your take on Canada and Canadians then?

All your flaming of the US is making me curious of what you think of other country's.

Edited by Soul, 08 September 2007 - 20:19.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:19

I'm not really proud of MYSELF, despite of usual inteilligence superiority over americans. Just because is americans is the stupidest nation in the world (of course, there are clever and wise americans too, but this is only exception, which confirms the rule).
I'm proud of my nation with great history and culture (America have neither heroic history, nor rich culture), I'm proud of my Mother Russia, whose part I am. To Russian the feeling of fear is not conducted. I am morally ready to die for the Fatherland. It is not mere words. For my people, for my ancestors die in fight was the greatest honour.

Then maybe you should have chose your words more carefully. I already knew that America is not smart but you made it sound like everyone was dumb which angers me. "America, on average, has the lowest IQ" I learned that very specifically. I know about Russia's past and I respect the culture, just don't disrespect others.

Edited by Vengence, 08 September 2007 - 20:20.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:41

Then maybe you should have chose your words more carefully. I already knew that America is not smart but you made it sound like everyone was dumb which angers me. "America, on average, has the lowest IQ" I learned that very specifically.

I'd said never against America, if it had less agressive and imperialistic politics. I can't respect occupants and executioneers. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Yugoslavia... all these countries are 'broken' by America. It was genocide and occupation, not for 'democracy' (no one nation asked USA for it!), just for sphere of influence and resources.

So what's your take on Canada and Canadians then?

Nothing against Canada. I don't know anything about their IQ and so on, but I'm sure that Canada didn't inflamed any war.

All your flaming of the US is making me curious of what you think of other country's.

I respect countries and nations which keeping fidelity to their traditions and culture - China, Iran, Japan, Arabian nations etc. I wouldn't say about countries of NATO, just because they are nothing more than America's ass-lickers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#71 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 20:52

Wasn't the Soviet Union somewhat aggressive and imperialistic for a time? Can't remember though, my history during those times are rusty.
What do you consider low IQ?

Edited by Vengence, 08 September 2007 - 21:08.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 21:11

Please, people, I know I´m not a mod but you´ve been warned about bringing politics here. Stop it, now, in your own interest.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#73 Rot Front

Amateur

• 126 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 21:11

Wasn't the Soviet Union somewhat aggressive and imperialistic for a time? Can't remember though, my history during those times are rusty.

Just in Stalin era. A single war that USSR started itself, was Finland war in 1939-1940. Of course, it has been dictated by strategic necessity, but... no, i wouldn't justify this act. This is and act of occupation, so there can not be any justification.
Another conflicts there Soviet Unoin taked part in was intrusion at the request of the government of those countries (Afghanistan, Sierra-Leone, Ethiopia etc). And there wasn't any genocide acts from the Soviet side.

P.S. My father was a soldier at war in Ethiopia, and he told that Soviet troops carried out the role of shield between opposing forces, like a peacemaking contingent. They tried to not allow split of the country.

And yes, Soviet army has intruded to East Germany (1949), Hungary (1956), Chechoslovakia ('The Prague spring' of 1968)... But they was a countries of socialist camp, so it is possible to be regarded as civil conflicts. Soviet government couldn't allow their becoming to 'jumping-off place' for NATO during the Cold War.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Watch the falcon fly
In the endless sky
Hail the sign of fight
Pagan Metal War

#74 tank50us

Professional

• 345 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:31

Hmm... lets see... wars the US has won, Oh oh, We kicked ass in the pacific campaigns of WW2, and brought that war to an end. We kicked Sadam Husain out of Kuwait in 100hrs! should I continue?

And also, I'll have you know that americans are no idiots, just because "20%" of our high-school graduates can't read or write doesn't meen that the same is true for all of us. Our military is THE best, bar none, we can take on any country, anywhere, anytime we want, and emerge victorious. We have the tools, the training, and better yet, the EXPIERIANCE to win. We are second to NOONE.

Just be glad you don't live here, because if you did, I would hunt you down, with all my brothers and sisters in arms, and literaly beat the living crap out of you. I will not stand to be called a baby killer, and I will not stand for anyone else who puts on the uniform to be insulted as such. I think everyone here, US Citizen or otherwise, would understand that the people who stand up for their country, are probably the bravest sons of guns around, they volunteered to do a job, no one else will, and you better learn to respect that, cause one day, you WILL be thanking them for the job they CHOSE to do. Oh, and FYI, when you are fighting an enemy with no uniform, explain to me how the hell you pick them out of a crowd if their not showing their weapons, I'll admit it, had I gone to Iraq, that would be the one thing that would scare me the most, not being able to spot my enemy untill its too late to do anything about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 Vengence

Professional

• Project Team
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:29

100 hours!? I knew it was fast but THAT fast!?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users