←  News and Announcements

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Design the new Fallout Studios Mascot

This topic is locked

Wizard's Photo Wizard 04 May 2009

Don't worry about your art, like I said it's the concept that is important, not the application.

Pandut's Photo Pandut 05 May 2009

Sneaky Spetnaz...?

Mr. Mylo's Photo Mr. Mylo 05 May 2009

that'S quiet cool, Tesla&Einstein and the one of Alias are my faves til now^^. Great stuff overhere^^

Mr. Mylo

Nid's Photo Nid 05 May 2009

Posted Image
Somewhat more of a suggestion than a submission.
A lot of mascots for organisations and web sites are animals.
I thought stealing a picture a dog from Nem's myspace and then drawing over it in a stensil style would do the trick 8|
Edited by Nidmeister, 05 May 2009 - 11:30.

Sgt. Nuker's Photo Sgt. Nuker 05 May 2009

A good bowtie goes a long way and the rad symbol looks like a thought icon. Not to mention that sunglasses on a pooch add that "cool" factor by default.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 06 May 2009

View PostNidmeister, on 5 May 2009, 7:30, said:

Posted Image
Somewhat more of a suggestion than a submission.
A lot of mascots for organisations and web sites are animals.
I thought stealing a picture a dog from Nem's myspace and then drawing over it in a stensil style would do the trick :P

If you're gonna do a cool looking dog, use cooldog as a template:

Posted Image

Stinger's Photo Stinger 06 May 2009

Memes are lame and images are subject to copyright. Entrants will be judged on originality.

KiraSama's Photo KiraSama 06 May 2009

For some reason i was thinking in a green (normal)cloud with a gas mask doing the thumb up with a hand no conected to anything

i tryed to draw it but was unable to make something resembling a hand or a gas mask

Wizard's Photo Wizard 08 May 2009

Ok, well shall we say everyone has until Sunday night (10th) to get your ideas/concepts/pics in. For those that can't be bothered or are not artistes, I will take some time to make their designs live and we'll have a round up and voting topic, hopefully by the end of next week.

Mike Watling's Photo Mike Watling 08 May 2009

Posted Image

Meh, I stole the Gas mask guy and added a bit of identity to him.
Pretty bad, I know.

Just figured it helped make him more identifiable with FS
(The glowing logo is meant to represent "The Energy Within")
Edited by Mike Watling, 08 May 2009 - 22:19.

Lizzie's Photo Lizzie 09 May 2009

Put a rad symbol over each eye.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 09 May 2009

Here's another slight visual addition to Alias's idea.

Posted Image
Edited by NergiZed, 09 May 2009 - 04:49.

RaiDK's Photo RaiDK 09 May 2009

I rather liked the original Fallout Guy the best.

I BELIEVE IN FALLOUT GUY!

Stinger's Photo Stinger 09 May 2009

I like Alias' concept the best, but I think it could do with some pimping.

The name is great, too. Fallout Guy has a nice ring to it.

SorataZ's Photo SorataZ 09 May 2009

This needs some work though:
Posted Image

View PostStinger, on 9 May 2009, 3:28, said:

I like Alias' concept the best, but I think it could do with some pimping.

The name is great, too. Fallout Guy has a nice ring to it.

:D |8Posted Image:D |8

On a more serious note, there's like 4 different variations on suit guy (including the above, which is the most dissimilar one) and I was wondering if they would run for maskot under the same flag, or will they be separate entries?
Edited by NergiZed, 09 May 2009 - 15:48.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 09 May 2009

Anything taken on board will almost certainly be edited before use. We have ideas of where the mascot may be used that you don't know about and we'd like it to look right. If you supply in more colours it will only be one entry.

View PostDauth, on 9 May 2009, 11:49, said:

Anything taken on board will almost certainly be edited before use. We have ideas of where the mascot may be used that you don't know about and we'd like it to look right. If you supply in more colours it will only be one entry.

Oi?

What does that mean?

Also, there will be a vote, right? I was under the impression that there would be be a poll to decide which maskot goes forward.
Edited by NergiZed, 09 May 2009 - 16:43.

Dauth's Photo Dauth 09 May 2009

View PostNergiZed, on 9 May 2009, 17:43, said:

View PostDauth, on 9 May 2009, 11:49, said:

Oi?

What does that mean?

Also, there will be a vote, right? I was under the impression that there would be be a poll to decide which maskot goes forward.
The design will be polled, but if you submit it in red and then in blue it is the same overall mascot. Like I said we have multiple colour schemes so we will either have to have neutral coloured mascots or a mascot where we can change the colours to suit the use.

Shirou's Photo Shirou 09 May 2009

I like the mascot but I believe Fallout Guy sounds way too corny :D

Wizard's Photo Wizard 10 May 2009

The name can be something that can be polled after the design is choosen. Only a few more hours chaps. If anyone has a non visual concept they'd like to submit you can do that to and leave it up to me or someone to illustrate etc.

Edit: Typo

2nd Edit: Entries are now closed. I'll get onto sorting something out in the coming week(s?) depending on my workload, which is quite heavy atm.
Edited by Wizard, 11 May 2009 - 00:32.
This topic is locked