←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Deus Ex: Human Evolution

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 08 Jun 2010

HIS ARM MORPHED INTO A FUCKING GUN.

Def getting this, one of the best trailers ive seen in a long time.

Alias's Photo Alias 08 Jun 2010

Definately on my watchlist.

OH MY GOD JC A BOMB

Dr. Strangelove's Photo Dr. Strangelove 08 Jun 2010

The graphics look Mass Effect-y. I'm going to miss Helios.

NergiZed's Photo NergiZed 08 Jun 2010

Ja, I ditto TPAM, graphics, even the music and the general style feels Mass Effect-y.

I find it hilarious that it's in near-future Detroit though, that city is a ghost town right now.

TheDR's Photo TheDR 08 Jun 2010

I saw this a few days ago. 360 spinning arm FTW :P

Chyros's Photo Chyros 08 Jun 2010

I never played Deus Ex, but this looks awesome tbh. Keeping an eye out for this.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 08 Jun 2010

Yeah the music and tech looks like it was pulled straight from Mass Effect. 2027 is too close if you ask me. Either way, this game has my attention.

View PostChyroDR, on 8 Jun 2010, 18:15, said:

I never played Deus Ex, but this looks awesome tbh. Keeping an eye out for this.
Have you played any good PC RPGs? D;

Pandut's Photo Pandut 08 Jun 2010

Hmmmm... I've heard of Deus Ex, never played it however. I had a chance before, but my computer was too crappy at the time. I think I'll keep an eye out for this.

Also, on a side-note -- The narrator sounds like Christian Bale.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 08 Jun 2010

View PostAlias, on 8 Jun 2010, 10:29, said:

Yessirreebob, the best ever in fact. Diablo 2, beat that ^^ .

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 08 Jun 2010

View PostSobek, on 8 Jun 2010, 10:28, said:

Hmmmm... I've heard of Deus Ex, never played it however. I had a chance before, but my computer was too crappy at the time. I think I'll keep an eye out for this.

Also, on a side-note -- The narrator sounds like Christian Bale.

Deus Ex is ancient, your PC must have been shockingly bad... Anyway, it looks good, but I don't have much time for games anymore really, I still need to finish about 15 games.

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 08 Jun 2010

I never played the original Deus Ex either. Somehow I feel that this game isn't very related though. Also the title is Human Revolution right?

View PostChyroDR, on 8 Jun 2010, 19:48, said:

View PostAlias, on 8 Jun 2010, 10:29, said:

Yessirreebob, the best ever in fact. Diablo 2, beat that ^^ .
Pfft. There's a multitude that are better, in descending order.

Baldur's Gate II.
Planescape Torment.
Baldur's Gate.
System Shock II.
Deus Ex.
etc.

That's just the golden age ones, PC RPGs have had a huge reboot these last couple of years, my all time list would go:

1. Baldur's Gate II.
2. Mass Effect 2.
3. Bioshock.
4. Morrowind.
5. Planescape Torment.

In other news, I think this should be split. D;
Edited by Alias, 08 June 2010 - 10:29.

Sgt. Rho's Photo Sgt. Rho 08 Jun 2010

I am guessing it uses the UT3 engine, just like ME2, that's why it looks like it.

Anyway, I am deffinately watching this game.

HIS ARM...IT MORPHED INTO A FUCKING GATLING!

Edit: I played the original Deus Ex a few days ago...for some odd reason it lags like hell on my PC...while games like Crysis, ME2, etc all run perfectly on maxed settings...
Edited by Sargeant Rho, 08 June 2010 - 11:39.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 08 Jun 2010

meh never played Deus Ex but when I finally got my dirty hands on it the disc decided to not work

Golan's Photo Golan 08 Jun 2010

I LOVED Deus Ex, always felt that DX2 was a bit of a let down as a sequel but still a good/average game. This one looks really sweet! I'm not sure what to think about the different style compared to DX1 but truth be told, I'd be very satisfied if they aim for recreating the feel of the game, not the game itself. It seems they're doing a great job!

Libains's Photo Libains 08 Jun 2010

View PostGolan, on 8 Jun 2010, 13:48, said:

I LOVED Deus Ex, always felt that DX2 was a bit of a let down as a sequel but still a good/average game. This one looks really sweet! I'm not sure what to think about the different style compared to DX1 but truth be told, I'd be very satisfied if they aim for recreating the feel of the game, not the game itself. It seems they're doing a great job!

Absolutely 100% my feelings.

I also think the morphing hands are bloody brilliant, I like the spike that comes out of his right arm moreso than the gun from the left, to be fair :P

CodeCat's Photo CodeCat 08 Jun 2010

Deus Ex was one of the best games ever made, I think. DX2 was just watered down overall but not bad. Let's hope DX3 is worth it.

Kalo's Photo Kalo 10 Jun 2010

ಠ_ಠ

TheDR's Photo TheDR 10 Jun 2010

Seriously Kalo? This isn't the comments section on Youtube. Please refrain from making meaningless posts that don't add to the discussion.

Kalo's Photo Kalo 11 Jun 2010

Lol, sorry then.

I loved the second one, I played through it like 4 times, this looks pretty promising. I do hope though, that the combat is similar to the trailer. I really hate it when trailers feature awesome combat and the games actual combat is all washed up garbage.

Foxhound's Photo Foxhound 15 Jun 2010

Looks really cool, though some of the tech shown off honestly makes it look like it should be later than 2027.

That said, arm gattling = awesome.

Pav:3d's Photo Pav:3d 13 Aug 2010

Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Holy shit@ 1.23

Chyros's Photo Chyros 13 Aug 2010

I have to say it looks really awesome, even though doubtlessly my comp wouldn't be able to handle it :duh: .

Kaido's Photo Kaido 13 Aug 2010

I need a new pc just for this game...